Candidates must be accepted into one of the Graduate Programs here at Lander University prior to beginning the position.
Compensation: Selected candidate will receive a 50% tuition and fee waiver as well as a $3000 stipend per semester. Note that if the GA position does not relate directly to their graduate studies the student will be taxed on the stipend and tuition benefits. Graduate Assistants work approximately 20 hours per week during the school year. Graduate Assistantships may be renewed for one additional year.
- Responsible for reestablishing the Peer Educator program in the Wellness Center, using a current best practice model, including overseeing the selection of candidates and the training of those chosen for the position.
- Managing and directing the programming of the Peer Educator program for the Lander University campus community. Manages budget and calendar of events for Peer Educator program under direct guidance of Executive Director of Wellness and Holistic Support.
- Collaborate with Health Services, Counseling Services and Disability Services to determine desired health promotion and education messaging. Responsible for content creation to include text/photo/video, marketing plan creation/implementation, maintenance, and regular posting on all departmental social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, in compliance with guidelines set forth by the Wellness Center and University Relations.
- Establishes collaborative relationship with appropriate university and community partners to create content for use and distribution by Wellness Center Staff, university stakeholders, and community partners. Responsible for attending Wellness Center events as necessary for content creation. Attendance may take place after usual University business hours.
- Provides input on outgoing publications as necessary, monitors Wellness Center website on a regular basis, and relays outdated/incorrect information to Wellness Staff as necessary.