Candidates must be accepted into one of the Graduate Programs here at Lander University prior to beginning the position.
Compensation: Selected candidate will receive a 50% tuition and fee waiver as well as a $3000 stipend per semester. Note that if the GA position does not relate directly to their graduate studies the student will be taxed on the stipend and tuition benefits. Graduate Assistants work approximately 20 hours per week during the school year. Graduate Assistantships may be renewed for one additional year.
Position Description: Candidates will be responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive strength and conditioning programs for selected teams (40%) as well as assisting full-time S&C staff if/when required (25%). Candidates will gain experience in all aspects of collegiate S&C, including program design and implementation (20%), interfacing with sport coaching and Sports Medicine staffs (10%), as well as facility scheduling and maintenance (5%).
The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to be a collegiate S&C coach and will possess a strong work ethic, high character values, and a willingness to learn and grow.
The position will begin approximately August 2021.
Candidates must be accepted into a Graduate program at Lander before they are eligible for selection.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science/Physiology, Kinesiology, or Physical Education.
- Completion of at least one undergraduate internship experience.
- Candidates must possess NCAA recognized S&C credential (NSCA-CSCS or CSCCa-SCCC) as well as First Aid/CPR certification at the time of hire.
- Completion of multiple internship experiences in collegiate strength and conditioning.
- Possession of USAW certification.
- Prior playing experience at the NCAA Division 1 or 2 level.
Application Procedure: Interested persons should submit a resume and cover letter, along with a MS Word document containing a link to a YouTube video of them coaching the Front Squat, Deadlift, and Clean. Lander University Graduate School application link can be found here: https://www.lander.edu/admissions/graduate