Candidates must be accepted into one of the Graduate Programs here at Lander University prior to beginning the position.
Compensation: Selected candidate will receive a 50% tuition and fee waiver as well as a $3000 stipend per semester. Note that if the GA position does not relate directly to their graduate studies the student will be taxed on the stipend and tuition benefits. Graduate Assistants work approximately 20 hours per week during the school year. Graduate Assistantships may be renewed for one additional year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Graduate Assistant for Auxiliary Services reports directly to the Director of Auxiliary Services. The Department of Auxiliary Services consists of the Bearcat Shop (campus store), Lander Post Office and Printing Services; and is part of the Office of Finance and Administration.
The Graduate Assistant for Auxiliary Services will be responsible for completing no more than 20 hours per week through regular office hours; excluding summer, holiday breaks, etc. The position will be responsible for working with all departments in auxiliary services. The GA will need to be able to work independently as well as with a team to accomplish goals. The GA will assist the Director of Auxiliary Services to analyze campus department needs, and to further their reach on campus. This position will assist with assessing and defining both on-campus and popular trends among college students. The GA will be expected to maintain confidentiality, demonstrate professionalism and will be trusted with pricing and costs of Bearcat Shop inventory.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop a training manual for future graduate positions and/or work study positions
• Analyze current inventory and develop a budget to assist with buying merchandise
• Work with Director of Auxiliary Services to keep the Bearcat Shop website updated and the Bearcat Shop landing page on the Lander University site updated
• Collaborate with Print Services to design posters, flyers, and social media graphics
• Produce a monthly newsletter to update the campus on happenings and information from Auxiliary Services
• Assist with beginning of semester rush and OPEN HOUSES throughout the semester
• Maintain a neat, organized, and clean work area.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to work with diverse populations.
• Must be able to physically lift a minimum of 25 pounds.