Candidates must be accepted into one of the Graduate Programs here at Lander University prior to beginning the position.
Compensation: Selected candidate will receive a 50% tuition and fee waiver as well as a $3000 stipend per semester. Note that if the GA position does not relate directly to their graduate studies the student will be taxed on the stipend and tuition benefits. Graduate Assistants work approximately 20 hours per week during the school year. Graduate Assistantships may be renewed for one additional year.
- Must have own transportation
- Be reliable
- Be trustworthy
- Assist with coordination and follow-up with students who have academic alerts
- Provide support to students that have received an academic alert
- Follow up with reporting faculty
- Follow up with student’s primary advisor and other areas on campus
- Provide continual student support throughout the semester
- Monitor and report on students’ progress
- Maintain detailed student records
- Assist students in connecting with campus resources
- Tutoring/PASS/Writing Center
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: FALL/SPRING