Responsible for providing comprehensive primary care services in primary medical care, ambulatory clinic setting. The provider works independently and interdependently with other clinic providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provision of comprehensive primary care services for all ages in a primary medical care ambulatory clinic setting. The incumbent works independently and interdependently with other medical providers and visiting specialists.
- Provide care consistent with evidence-based medicine.
- Perform minor outpatient procedures in accordance with the scope of practice and privileging policy.
- Provide consultation to other clinic providers either in person or by telephone.
- Consult with clinic physicians, specialists, or other health care professionals as appropriate.
- Assess patient needs for specialty referrals, diagnostic, and in-patient care and make appropriate referrals.
- Provide patients and family members with counseling and education regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and need for follow-up as appropriate during each patient visit. Verify and document that the patient understands the diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up recommendations as required by uniform data system, meaningful use, and patient-centered medical home standards.
- Dispense medications in accordance with state Pharmacy Board policies.
- Participate in a shared call system with other providers.
- Assist with meeting clinic patient care team productivity and quality care standards.
- Participate in the development and utilization of practice guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in audits, and meet standards of Quality Improvement, Risk Management, and Utilization Management programs.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation in patient records and encounters within 24-48 hours after the patient visit.