Multiple openings, hiring now. Please do not apply if you cannot work full-time.
- Individual will evaluate GWM consumer and business purpose credit requests utilizing applicable Credit Risk Policies and Guidelines.
- Individual will analyze individual and business/entity financial statements, public information sources, individual credit reports, and other relevant information to calculate cash flow and balance sheet ratios. Individual will utilize these ratios and evaluate other qualitative factors to determine a client’s risk of default following J.P. Morgan Wholesale Risk Grading Methodology to comply with Basel III standards for regulatory risk grading requirements.
- Individual will complete an analysis of the collateral and/or loan covenants/ events of default to determine the potential loss in a default situation.
- Individual will independently identify and clearly articulate risks and mitigating factors that could impact the client’s ability to repay the loan. Individual will recommend a course of action with clear and concise rationale.
- Individual must understand and clearly articulate geo-political risks and jurisdictional issues that impact our domestic and cross-border clients.
- Individual will engage in regular dialogue with Front Office to obtain required information critical to making a loan decision. Individual will negotiate loan structure and terms when necessary, and will provide alternative solutions when appropriate.
- Individual will escalate credit issues to Credit Executive and provide solution(s) and/or next steps for resolution.
- Individual has responsibility for portfolio management and appropriate escalation for their respective markets to ensure credit risk is maintained.
- Individual will work with Risk Support and Closing partners to ensure a seamless and timely delivery of credit to the client, while maintaining a strict regulatory and control environment.
- Special projects will be assigned as appropriate.
- Individual will mentor less experienced Credit Analysts and Support Partners, as well as other GWM staff.
- Individual will be asked to provide feedback on, and recommend enhancements to existing processes and procedures to enhance controls and efficiency.
The candidate should possess strong analytic skills and problem solving capabilities, be an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, and organized. Individual should have a thorough knowledge of Capital Markets and Operating Companies. Individual must be able to work in a high production environment while meeting or exceeding agreed upon targets for volume, timing and quality. Must have a strong commitment to customer service and teamwork to contribute to high-performing teams through development of self and others.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Management or STEM related degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Completion of a major bank credit-training program preferred.
- Possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of JPMC software applications and a broad knowledge of bank products and services.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organization and contribute to the strategic direction of the firm and the team.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.