Help us change the face of serious illness, and our patients celebrate every moment by joining JourneyCare as a Registered Nurse (RN)!
JourneyCare is a nonprofit, community-based organization that provides care and support to families living with serious illness. With 40 years of healthcare leadership and expertise, JourneyCare has achieved national recognition for growth, innovation, community partnerships and best practices in caring for seriously ill adults and children. JourneyCare is licensed to serve 13 counties in the Chicago region and is the largest provider of hospice and palliative care in Illinois. We are more than just a career choice – it is a culture where you can make a difference!
Ask us also about our competitive benefits packages!
The Registered Nurse (RN) assesses patients and their needs. They manage the patient’s case and make appropriate suggestions regarding pain and symptom management to ensure comfort and quality of life. The Registered Nurse (RN) educates and supports patients and families regarding expectations during the end-of-life process and is responsible for the overall coordination of patient’s care.
Work Schedule – Flexible Scheduling Available
Service Area(s) – Various service areas within JourneyCare’s 13-county territory
Requirements for Registered Nurse (RN) positions
- Associate Degree in Nursing; Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse preferred
- Minimum of 1-year clinical experience, preferably in an acute care or hospice setting
- Ability to demonstrate sound clinical judgement with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and maintain a calming, professional presence in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, patient database, e-mail), voicemail
- Knowledge of federal and state healthcare regulations, preferred
Benefits offered for Registered Nurse Case Manager (RN) positions
- BlueCross BlueShield Medical Benefits / Dental & Vision
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Competitive 403B Retirement Match
- Tuition/Education Reimbursement
- Company-Provided CEUs