Help us change the face of serious illness, and our patients celebrate every moment by joining JourneyCare as a Referral Coordinator!
JourneyCare is a nonprofit, community-based organization that provides care and support to families living with serious illness. With 40 years of healthcare leadership and expertise, JourneyCare has achieved national recognition for growth, innovation, community partnerships and best practices in caring for seriously ill adults and children. JourneyCare is licensed to serve 13 counties in the Chicago region and is the largest provider of hospice and palliative care in Illinois. We are more than just a career choice – it is a culture where you can make a difference!
Ask us also about our competitive benefits packages!
The Referral Coordinator is the first contact with families, doctors and health care facilities inquiring about the agency. They are responsible for obtaining and securing an appointment for any possible inquiries relating to patient referrals and coordinating those functions necessary to bring the referral to conclusion.
Work Schedule – 10:00 am – 7:00 pm (M-F) / one weekend a month (8:30 am – 5:00 pm)
Service Area(s) – Barrington
Requirements for Referral Coordinator positions
- Understanding of hospice and palliative care
- Understanding coordination of the admission process
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in working healthcare or hospice preferred
- Must have a strong knowledge of medical terminology
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Patient Database, e-mail), voicemail
- Communication skills both written and verbal
- Organizational skills
Benefits offered for Referral Coordinator positions
- BlueCross BlueShield Medical Benefits / Dental & Vision
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Competitive 403B Retirement Match
- Tuition/Education Reimbursement
- Company-Provided CEUs