Help us change the face of serious illness, and our patients celebrate every moment by joining JourneyCare as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)!
JourneyCare is a nonprofit, community-based organization that provides care and support to families living with serious illness. With 40 years of healthcare leadership and expertise, JourneyCare has achieved national recognition for growth, innovation, community partnerships and best practices in caring for seriously ill adults and children. JourneyCare is licensed to serve 13 counties in the Chicago region and is the largest provider of hospice and palliative care in Illinois. We are more than just a career choice – it is a culture where you can make a difference!
Ask us also about our competitive benefits packages!
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) assists with activities of daily living (ADLs) and personal hygiene for patients who are residing at home, in nursing homes or in a hospital. The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) also gives support to family members and caregivers and reports any changes in patient status to the RN Case Manager.
Minimum Hourly Pay Rate is $16.00 / We are currently accepting new graduates for some positions and will train onsite.
Work Schedule – Flexible Scheduling Available
Service Area(s) – Various service areas within JourneyCare’s 13-county territory
Requirements for Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) positions
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Illinois CNA certification in good standing
- Minimum of 6-12 months working in a healthcare setting preferred
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and maintain a calm, professional presence in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain organizational confidentiality, which includes but is not limited to information about patients/families, volunteers, employees, donors, and Agency processes
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, e-mail), voicemail
Benefits offered for Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) positions
- BlueCross BlueShield Medical Benefits / Dental & Vision
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Competitive 403B Retirement Match
- CNA-to-RN Apprenticeship Program
- Tuition/Education Reimbursement
- Company-Provided CEUs