Help us change the face of serious illness, and our patients celebrate every moment by joining JourneyCare as a Call Center Coordinator!
JourneyCare is a nonprofit, community-based organization that provides care and support to families living with serious illness. With 40 years of healthcare leadership and expertise, JourneyCare has achieved national recognition for growth, innovation, community partnerships and best practices in caring for seriously ill adults and children. JourneyCare is licensed to serve 13 counties in the Chicago region and is the largest provider of hospice and palliative care in Illinois. We are more than just a career choice – it is a culture where you can make a difference!
Ask us also about our competitive benefits packages!
The Call Center Coordinator provides patients, families, and caregivers assistance by answering questions, resolving concerns, and facilitating smooth access to care through effective processing of calls, to assess and manage patient needs. This position is responsible for ensuring all inquiries from patients, families and caregivers are routed appropriately for timely follow-up and resolution. The Call Center Coordinator is responsible for reporting symptom calls and interventions to the appropriate team clinician and Team Manager for follow-up and ensures excellent customer service through all communication.
Requirements for Call Center Coordinator positions
- Associate Degree in Nursing preferred
- Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Illinois preferred
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience
- Minimum 2-5 years of healthcare or clinical experience
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and maintain a calming, professional presence in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain organizational confidentiality, which includes but is not limited to information about patients/families, volunteers, employees, donors, and Agency processes
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, patient database, e-mail), voicemail
- Knowledge of federal and state healthcare regulations, preferred
Benefits offered for Call Center Coordinator positions
- BlueCross BlueShield Medical Benefits / Dental & Vision
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Competitive 403B Retirement Match
- Tuition/Education Reimbursement
- Company-Provided CEUs