Program Manager – Tech Connect For Older Adults at Serving Older Adults of Southeast Wisconsin in Milwaukee, WI – shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
PROGRAM MANAGER – TECH CONNECT FOR OLDER ADULTS
At Serving Older Adults of Southeast Wisconsin Inc. (SOA), we envision a community where every adult 50 and better will be connected to the resources they need, and the opportunities that interest them, throughout the entire aging process. SOA manages 5 Senior Centers for Milwaukee County and creates and delivers educational, social, and recreational activities for older adults, including lunch 5 days per week.
We are currently looking to hire a full-time Manager for our exciting new program, Tech Connect for Older Adults. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about serving older adults , are visionary about creating and expanding the technology skills and access within our community and are strong program managers. SOA is a rewarding, people-oriented and fun job environment.
Annual salary $47,800. Benefits include Health insurance, Life Insurance, 401(k), 4 weeks paid time off and holiday pay. Disability Insurance available.
Must apply with cover letter and resume.
- Work with staff, volunteers and instructors in implementing the Tech Connect program.
- Coordinate tutoring sessions, tech classes and workshops.
- Teach introductory technology classes.
- Create and use a print-rich literacy environment that is conducive to technology instruction. Create curriculums for one-on-one and classroom training programs.
- Research, purchase, and maintain resources and materials.
- Support fundraising efforts and grant writing of the organization and assist with onsite programs.
- Foster an environment that makes learning about technology fun, not intimidating.
- Manage reporting and lead the evaluation process of developing and administering pre/post-surveys.
- Associate Degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of two years of related experience
- Proficient with smart phones, tablets, and laptop computers.
- One year minimum experience in teaching or instructing or tutoring required.
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Ability to problem-solve technology challenges and questions.
- Ability to create a socially inviting atmosphere for older adults.
- Must be able to work well with people from all cultures and backgrounds.
- Above average knowledge about social media, popular software, and applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and adequate vehicle insurance.
- Must be able to become CPR certified, AED certified, Blood-Borne Pathogens certified, and any other necessary certifications, within 180 days of hire date.