The Child Welfare Specialist will work collaboratively with the federal Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Children’s Bureau to support the Children’s Bureau in implementing all aspects of the Child and Family Services Review (CFSRs) federal monitoring strategies including preparing states for and participating in the CFSR; planning for state’s participation in traditional and state conducted case reviews; conducting quality assurance and federal oversight activities for case reviews including applying federal case review instrument; conducting stakeholder interviews; evaluating systemic factor functioning; and conducting data and root cause analysis and the development, implementation, monitoring and if necessary, renegotiating of program improvement plans. The Child Welfare Specialist will provide support to the regional office by documenting, tracking, and monitoring CFSR activities for region 4 states, assisting in drafting review and program improvement plan monitoring findings, and participating in joint planning efforts with the states. Travel to other states to participate in review and monitoring activities are essential (including a willingness to work long hours during reviews).
***This position is based in Atlanta, Georgia***
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the CB in its work with child welfare agencies, members of state’s legal and judicial communities, state stakeholders, and CB’s technical assistance providers, to prepare for and participate in the CFSR.
- Support the integration of state child welfare agency, courts, and other stakeholders in the development of CFSR statewide assessments and the development, implementation, and monitoring of CFSR PIP.
- Support CB in the work to align state Child and Family Services Plans (CFSP)/Annual Progress and Services Reports (APSR) with the CFSRs.
- Conduct quality assurance and federal oversight activities for case reviews including applying federal case review instrument; conduct stakeholder interviews.
- Evaluate systemic factor functioning; and conduct data and root cause analysis and the development, implementation, monitoring and if necessary, renegotiating of program improvement plans.
- Utilize the federal produced state data profile and context data to inform the assessment and evaluation of state performance and improvement efforts.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Clearance: Must be able to pass a federal background clearance check
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in a state public child welfare agency or related field
Knowledge: Demonstrated experience accurately applying the federal case review instrument and experience with the Child and Family Services Reviews.
Soft Skills: Have strong communication and “people skills,” including but not limited to the ability to engage the child welfare community in collaborative activities, listen attentively, communicate accurately and clearly orally and in writing, have strong team-building skills, and be able to work on a variety of teams and with a variety of people. Strong time management skills and ability to take responsibility and self-manage their work and schedule.
Skills: Ability to manage multiple complex tasks, have solid analytical skills
Software Proficiency: Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office and other common software applications.
Location: Client site: Atlanta, Georgia
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Master’s Degree in related field preferred
Experience: 12 years of relevant child welfare experience
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the “Apply” link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster at EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.