The Division of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) is the state’s lead agency serving people with disabilities. The mission of the Division is to assist individuals with disabilities in achieving their goals of employment, education, and independent living. The Division of Rehabilitation Services is seeking to hire a dynamic and organized supervisor with strong leadership skills to oversee the program activities assigned to an area of the Division of Rehabilitation Services’, Bureau of Field Services regional structure. This supervisor plans, implements, directs, coordinates, and supervises the operations and activities of the Bureau overseeing staff for an assigned geographical section of the state, providing direct services in the Vocational Rehabilitation and Home Services Programs to individuals with disabilities to achieve or retain integrated competitive employment and live independently in the community.
25% 1. Serves as a Field Services Supervisor in the Bureau of Field Services.
20% 2. Serves as full-line supervisor.
15% 3. Directs the implementation or coordination of program activities assigned to field offices.
15% 4. Communicates with customers and immediate family regarding services available and issues and concerns with customers current services and/or customer and family complaints.
10% 5. Develops placement plans, non-financial working agreements, employer linkages, etc.
5% 6. Conducts supervisory reviews of customer complaints and/or appeals to determine if counselor actions and/or services provided were appropriate and justified.
5% 7. Directs the preparation and maintenance of customer case-related records.
5% 8. Performs other duties as assigned or required which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above
- Requires possession of a master’s degree from an accredited college or university in rehabilitation counseling, rehabilitation administration, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, deaf education, special education, or closely related field.
- Requires three (3) years progressively responsible administrative experience in rehabilitation counseling related field.
Preferred Qualifications (in priority order)
- Three (3) years of professional experience with administering a rehabilitation service-delivery program for persons with disabilities for a public or private organization.
- Three (3) years of professional experience working with federal statutes related to rehabilitation programs such as the Rehabilitation Act and amendments, the Social Security Act, Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Workforce Innovative Opportunities Act (WIOA), and the Americans with Disabilities Act, etc.
- Three (3) years of professional experience working with Federal and State regulations and procedures developing plans to meet the service needs of individuals with disabilities.
- Three (3) years of professional supervisory experience assigning work, providing guidance to subordinates, recommending counseling and/or discipline following collective bargaining agreements, training staff, and preparing and signing performance evaluations.
- Two (2) years of professional experience interacting with and communicating clearly and tactfully with a wide range of individuals that include state agency officials, the public, legislators, employers, internal and external stakeholders, community service providers, professional and lay groups, and employees.
- Two (2) years of professional experience establishing, maintaining, and nurturing effective working relationships in communities served.
- Two (2) years of professional experience researching and/or developing/implementing recommendations for service needs for unserved and underserved populations.
- Two (2) years of professional case management experience meeting the diverse needs of individuals.
- Two (2) years of professional experience analyzing labor market trends and budgeting for direct services.
- One (1) year of experience staying abreast of technology and/or accommodations available to individuals with disabilities.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires ability to travel.