The Division of Mental Health is seeking to hire a licensed Registered Nurse to serve as the Director of Nursing and to oversee and supervise professional and paraprofessional nursing staff in the care and treatment of psychiatric patients at the Chester Mental Health Center in Chester Illinois. At Chester Mental Health Center, we treat individuals with dignity and compassion. Our mission is to assist patients to achieve their full recovery potential.
1. Serves as Director of Nursing for the Chester Mental Health Center.
2. Serves as full-line supervisor.
3. Manages and directs the health care services for the facility.
4. Assist the Medical Director in the management of health-related services within the facility.
5. Develops in-service education programs for professional and paraprofessional nursing staff.
6. Develops budget and staffing plans for review by the Facility Director.
7. Conducts personal inspections of the various offices and living units.
8. Conducts staff meetings with both subordinate managers and other subordinate staff to discuss new policies and procedures.
9. Provides active nursing care to patients.
10. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Requires licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Requires a master’s degree in nursing, health care administration or business administration.
- Requires prior experience equivalent to four (4) years of progressively responsible professional nursing experience in a public or business organization.
Preferred Qualifications (in priority order)
- Five (5) years of professional experience working in a psychiatric hospital.
- Three (3) years of professional supervisory experience assigning work, providing guidance to subordinates, recommending counseling and/or discipline following collective bargaining agreements, training staff, approving time off.
- Two (2) years of professional experience recommending and implementing nursing policies and procedures relative to the latest trends and nursing standards.
- Three (3) years of professional experience recommending and preparing nursing treatment plans for patients.
- Three (3) years of professional experience providing training to paraprofessional and professional nursing staff.
- Three (3) years of professional experience performing quality assurance assessments on nursing services and treatments provided to patients.
- Three (3) years of professional experience working with current diagnostic and treatment modalities for psychiatric patients.
- Three (3) years of professional experience communicating with internal and external stakeholders in oral and written form relative to the care and treatment of patients.
Conditions of Employment
1. Ability to serve on-call on a rotating basis, after hours, weekends and holidays.
Work Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:00am – 4:00pm
Work Location: 1315 Lehmen Dr Chester, IL 62233-2542
Division of Mental Health
Chester Mental Health Center
Agency Contact: Sarah.Raftis@illinois.gov
Job Function: Administration/Management; Health Services; Social Services