Do you want to improve the world? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to join a driven, tight-knit community of highly talented peers at a world-changing organization just as they started growing rapidly? Excited by the opportunity to power world-class entrepreneurs and Changemakers as they work to positively impact the lives of 1,000’s, 100,000’s or 1,000,000’s?
At Ignite Mental Health we’re accelerating world-class mental health entrepreneurs and mobilizing key change agents to catalyze the scalable innovations and legislative changes needed to transform the future of student mental health literacy and access. Using this approach, we’re working to make the impossible inevitable; helping build and scale lasting legislative changes and breakthrough organizations to be as impactful as Google and Facebook that focus solely on equipping every student with a standard measure of mental health literacy and access.
All of us at Ignite have experienced first-hand, or through that of loved ones and friends, the pain caused by how broken our approaches towards mental health really are. This has driven us to come together to unite some of the best minds and doers on the planet to fix it, on a national scale and accelerated timeline.
Become a member of a bold and ambitious mission-driven team which grew rapidly with the support of the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Program, to become a nationwide effort in just nine months! You will perch atop a fast-growing organization working to catalyze national and global change with the opportunity to learn, grow, and hopefully thrive in our fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and impact-driven environment.
PS: As you saw from the title, we’re straight up that we’re not funded by a zillionaire (yet!) and this is a non-compensated opening that is volunteer in nature at a social impact non-profit.
We’re expanding our world-class team… This is where you come in.
General responsibilities (what you’ll do)
- Collaborating with our Founder and core team on projects related to Ignite Campus and Accelerator.
- Actively learning on the job and diving into new areas where you may have little expertise in.
- Learning from mistakes and failed projects (you’ll be wearing a lot of hats).
- Roles change quite frequently and we usually share a lot more info during the interview process. This is not a structured internship program and is focused on direct experiential based learning. Ignite is a fast growing startup and our internships are not similar to traditional (big company) internships, so it might be prudent to note that position titles don’t equate to traditional job responsibilities – things change quickly here, as too could your role!
General requirements (must haves)
- Deeply driven to transform the future of mental health (but that’s a given!).
- Growth mindset, a deep sense of ‘extreme ownership’ for projects, not afraid of failure or taking risks and boldly ambitious.
- Able to perform well with a high performance team working towards ambitious goals.
- Experience in OR willing to become a great navigator FAST: constantly testing hypothesis and outlining strategy for pivoting when needed.
- Relentless learner: you want to maximize your experience with us and learn as much as you can.
- Comfortable being pushed outside of your comfort zone in a true startup (sometimes chaotic) environment; wearing any hat needed (aka pivoting to new outcomes and roles and responsibilities in different functional areas outside of your initial functional areas based on changes in the startup’s priorities – it’s a rollercoaster of a journey!)
Location and dates
- Candidates for this position are welcome to work remotely from anywhere in the world or in-person with our Founder and key team members in the Boston area. In-person options may be dependent on a range of COVID-19 health and safety related factors.
- Successful candidates can join on a rolling basis with the option for an immediate start if applying for the spring semester.
- Join an amazingly talented community of like minded peers across the US working to solve one of societies most pressing problems.
- Develop new skills, insights & experience in a fast-changing entrepreneurial environment.
- Help build the future you want to see and achieve lasting changes in national mental health.
- And all the other stuff too 🙂
Ignite Mental Health is not a department of Harvard University, nor are we in anyway owned or operated by the University. Ignite’s only connection with the University is that we were founded by Harvard students/ alumni and incubated by and worked (pre-covid) out of the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Program. We ask that all communications are directed to Ignite and not the Harvard Innovation Lab.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work which may be performed by persons assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities or other potentially relevant information which may change between the date of this posting and potential interviews.
We’re working to scale innovative solutions and legislative changes —unafraid of transforming traditional approaches—that tackle the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health.
Are you in?