Global Operations Intern, Global Operations
Duration: 10-12 weeks
About the role
We seek a Global Operations Intern for Summer 2021 to build and maintain key internal knowledge management (KM) systems. The Intern will join the Global Operations team at a pivotal time, with visibility into many parts of how our non-profit functions as we build a complete internal KM ecosystem. This role will with several stakeholders, including the Global Operations team, Executive team including CEO and COO, General Counsel, and India and Africa Regional Leads and Operations teams.
To support our organization’s internal KM, we are looking for an intern with business and technical experience to help us build strong KM systems and processes. Specifically, the role will entail the full cycle of product development for new systems, as well as improvement of existing KM systems. The intern will directly contribute to:
- Building and launching a KM system to institutionalize learning from all IDinsight past, current, and developing projects
- Conducting thorough user research, including needs assessments and focus groups, to determine the highest priority KM systems updates
- Researching and recommending the optimal platforms on which to maintain key organizational knowledge
- Developing a user guide for all KM systems and publishing internal or external communications on best practices in KM in the social sector
- Collaborating with the Operations, Technical, and Regional Leadership teams on other key KM priorities
- Bachelor’s degree, or entering the final year of an undergraduate or graduate program
- Experience in business strategy and operations, KM, non-profit operations, or international development
- Significant experience and fluency in Excel and Google Sheets, with a keen interest in developing skills in Google Sites, etc.
- Creativity in generating ideas for process improvements
- Proactive team player with strong desire to learn and ability to be flexible
- Able to work effectively remotely
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter and leader, including comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments and workstreams
- High level of conscientiousness and attention to detail – finishes work to completion
- Passionate about global development and social impact
Experience you will gain
As a Global Operations Intern, you will be able to work with and learn from a diverse group of stakeholders across IDinsight’s teams and worldwide offices, including the CEO, COO, Technical Team Director, and Chiefs of Staffs. During your summer internship, you will be able to gain the following experience and skills:
- Insight into the data-driven international development space, including how different social impact projects are conducted all around the world and across sectors;
- Expanded networks, interacting with high-profile leaders in the global development and philanthropy spaces;
- Ability to work with a multicultural, remote team across countries while managing high-priority workstreams for top leaders within the organization;
- Opportunity to learn from a talented and fun team, including attending (virtual) brown bag events and professional development opportunities.
We require students to secure university funding whenever possible. For students without access to university funding, the internship will be paid by the applicable regional team. A 10-12 week full-time commitment during the summer of 2021 is required. Exact start and end dates are flexible.