We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it’s important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it’s our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.
This position sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS). As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that the managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization within IBM will become an independent company (currently known as NewCo) by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies. NewCo has incredible potential, and we will unlock it together while we make history as a newly independent company that will be the #1 managed IS services provider on “day one” as a publicly traded company. NewCo will be positioned for financial success with over 4600 clients and approximately $19 billion in annual revenue. Drawing on the best of IBM, it will include our unmatched talent, the breadth of our services, an even broader ecosystem of partners, and our deep global client relationships. Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to NewCo is still yet to be confirmed.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In the Systems Management Specialist: Tools Maintenance role, this individual will work as a part of our TADDM Support team.
IBM Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager (TADDM) is a configuration management tool that helps IT operations personnel ensure and improve application availability in application environments. TADDM provides the details of configuration items (CIs) using automated, agentless discovery of assets and their application dependencies, and it includes a discovery library technology to help leverage data from other sources.
You will be responsible for the management of a TADDM account. On the job training will be provided for the application and software necessary to support TADDM. You will also be training in using ServiceNow Discovery as an alternative offering.
The activities that belong to a TADDM configuration manager:
- Troubleshooting of discovery errors
- Maintenance of TADDM Application
- Advisory role in TADDM DB2 maintenance
- Creating and driving Problem Management Records
- Cooperating with Project Managers / Customers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding of Linux operating systems
- Strong communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in software used with support of applications including Excel, Word, Power Point
- Strong business acumen
- Willingness to learn and expand skill sets and scope of work
- Understanding of continuous improvement through Agile methodologies
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1-3 years of experience using UNIX/LINUX operating system
- Good understanding of IT processes and good practices characteristic for large IT corporation (ITIL knowledge/training/certificate is a plus)
- Result orientated approach in day to day work
- Knowledge of any scripting and programming language is highly appreciated
- Knowledge of networking principles