System Services Representatives are the primary technical interface to clients for the coordination of hardware and software support and delivery of operational services. Sound pretty important? Absolutely! You will advise clients of preventive maintenance, configuration, operation and environmental factors which may drastically impact product performance or impair the client’s IT operation.
This position sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS). As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that the managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization within IBM will become an independent company (currently known as NewCo) by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies. NewCo has incredible potential, and we will unlock it together while we make history as a newly independent company that will be the #1 managed IS services provider on “day one” as a publicly traded company. NewCo will be positioned for financial success with over 4600 clients and approximately $19 billion in annual revenue. Drawing on the best of IBM, it will include our unmatched talent, the breadth of our services, an even broader ecosystem of partners, and our deep global client relationships. Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to NewCo is still yet to be confirmed.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM has your long-term professional life in mind. What’s your passion? Learn new skills, work across different disciplines or move into new challenges. It’s possible with our award-winning, customized professional development and training. On average, every IBM employee takes advantage of more than 60 hours of training a year. We believe that global innovation demands diverse employees and attractive work/life initiatives that sustain, and retain, them. IBM gives you the power to design your workday, and your life, per your unique styles and needs. The Columbia service center will provide maintenance and monitoring of computer hardware and systems to IBM’s business clients in the United States. This Technical Delivery Services Center will primarily support US Strategic outsourcing clients, providing server systems operations, security services, and end user services, including maintenance and monitoring of computer hardware and software systems. IBM’s Technical Delivery Services Center is focused on increasing delivery quality and brings together all IBM worldwide service delivery capabilities for Strategic Outsourcing. This position is located onsite in Columbia, MO (candidates must either be in/near Columbia or be willing to self-relocate to the area).
IBM is seeking Technical Support Specialists responsible for providing Performance & Capacity management support for client server support operations. Project tasks are standardized and usually require following a set of repeatable tasks. Some improvements to the routine processes may be identified and implemented Remote work is not available. Pager and off shift coverage may be required.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Support project tasks for client server support operations for work involving remote file server (RFS), service requests and non-ticketed work to client operating systems, hardware, software, applications or network systems. The work is usually routine project work and sets of tasks. The various project work that team members perform on a specific account involves a series of repeatable tasks and steps that are followed when addressing service needs or situations for one or more accounts.
- Pool job roles involve responsibility for accomplishing project work from multiple clients, including planned projects focused on identifying improvements within a work area or process. – Collect performance and Capacity midrange data from tool set (SRM) and provide periodic and/or ad-hoc customer reports – Ensure SRM data collection meets service level objective (SLO) criteria, work with appropriate teams to ensure accurate and timely data collection. Team members participate daily in cadence discussion on team performance. These meetings are typically led by the pool manager or Dispatcher. They discuss issues or challenges and receive trouble-shooting input /advice from other team members. They may also discuss team performance trends. Pool team members may also separately interact and exchange information with members of cross-pool teams and IBM’s clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge in data analysis and interest in analytical work
- 6 months of Excel or data analytics experience
- Basic knowledge in at least one or more of the following: PC or server hardware, network, operating system, software, application, database or other technologies
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Associate’s Degree/College Diploma in Mathematics
- Basic knowledge in system utilization, trending and efficiency.
- At least 1 year experience in at least one or more of the following: PC or server hardware, network, operating system, software, application, database or other technologies
- Basic knowledge in at least one or more of the following: installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning or configuring relevant technologies
- Basic knowledge in Agile methodologies