At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
This position sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS). As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that the managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization within IBM will become an independent company (currently known as NewCo) by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies. NewCo has incredible potential, and we will unlock it together while we make history as a newly independent company that will be the #1 managed IS services provider on “day one” as a publicly traded company. NewCo will be positioned for financial success with over 4600 clients and approximately $19 billion in annual revenue. Drawing on the best of IBM, it will include our unmatched talent, the breadth of our services, an even broader ecosystem of partners, and our deep global client relationships. Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to NewCo is still yet to be confirmed.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Columbia, Missouri delivery service center provides maintenance and monitoring of network hardware and systems to IBM’s business clients in the United States. This US Network Operations Center will primarily support US strategic outsourcing clients, providing network systems operations, security services, and end user services, including maintenance and monitoring of network hardware and software systems. IBM’s US Network Operations Center is focused on increasing delivery quality and brings together all IBM worldwide service delivery capabilities for strategic outsourcing. This position is located onsite in Columbia, MO (candidates must either be in/near Columbia or be willing to self-relocate to the area).
As a member of the network team, successful candidates will be responsible for the management of network equipment including routers, switches, wi-fi, load balancers, and firewalls. Candidates must also possess demonstrated skills with level-1 and level-2 support, strong problem solving and communications skills (written and verbal), be comfortable in a customer-facing role, and work well with a group of peers. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays required.Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Support problem and change tickets for network systems support work involving problem determination and implementation of changes to network devices
- Support operation of network devices that include routers, switches, wi-fi, load balancers, and firewalls
- Monitoring support 24x7x365
- First point of contact for incident ticket handling
- Perform basic/extended problem determination/resolution
- Change execution
- Perform security health checks
- Perform firewall rule validation
- Perform vulnerability assessment based on product advisories
- Network performance reporting
- Manage 3rd party vendor maintenance activities in support of network operations
- Vendor co-ordination of WAN/LAN related issues
- Maintain device inventory in consultation with account management team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- CCNA Certification
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in network management such as: switches, routers, wi-fi, load balancers, and firewalls
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in one or more of the following: installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning and configuring relevant technologies
- Ability to work nights, weekend, and holidays
- Basic knowledge in network fundamentals, routing, switching, wireless, WAN/LAN, and cloud technologies
- English: fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- At least 3 year’s experience in network management such as: switches, routers, wi-fi, and load balancers
- At least 3 year’s experience in one or more of the following: installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning and configuring relevant technologies.
- Basic knowledge in SolarWinds
- Ability to perform advanced problem determination/ resolution