At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
This position sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS). As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that the managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization within IBM will become an independent company (currently known as NewCo) by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies. NewCo has incredible potential, and we will unlock it together while we make history as a newly independent company that will be the #1 managed IS services provider on “day one” as a publicly traded company. NewCo will be positioned for financial success with over 4600 clients and approximately $19 billion in annual revenue. Drawing on the best of IBM, it will include our unmatched talent, the breadth of our services, an even broader ecosystem of partners, and our deep global client relationships. Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to NewCo is still yet to be confirmed.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Columbia Innovation Center is seeking an entry level Project Administrator. This position will be a client-facing position; therefore, both verbal and written communication skills are critical. The candidate must be able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment. IBM Project Administrators use skills and leadership competencies for team building, client relations, negotiation, decision making, problem-solving, and conflict management.Your Role and Responsibilities:
Provide support for projects within the Technology Consulting & Implementation Services (TCIS) portfolio. Work closely with the IBM and client teams to provide project support which includes project coordination, scheduling, and report preparation to deliver high quality of service. In this role, your primary responsibility will be ensuring scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables are met. You will apply techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, set direction and model effective leadership behaviors in dealing with individuals from the virtual cross-functional teams.
- Chair internal stakeholder meetings and participate in Client meetings.
- Preparation of management reports and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Actively communicate progress and roadblocks to internal and client stakeholders.
- Recognize complex problems, analyze situations and provide suggested/implemented resolution(s).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong communication, client presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Specialized Excel experience with ability to join multiple data tables and build complex formulas to build reports in order to analyze data and provide status.
- Ability to effectively manage time and delegate with respect to different projects and activities to ensure effective execution.
- Adapt to new assignments, processes, methods and tools easily with flexibility.
- Amenable to work on a client-based schedule (Shifting) in any IBM site.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel).
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Awareness of PM practices to execute a wide range of project plans – from simple to complex – producing the defined deliverables in a cost-effective and timely fashion.
- Awareness of various delivery methods such as Agile and Waterfall.
- PMI-CAPM, PMI-PMP or PMI-ACP certification.
- Knowledge and experience in Cloud services and XaaS (as a Service) platforms.
- Proficiency in MS Project and other Agile project management tools such as Trello, Jira and Mural.