Position: Partnership Service Intern
Location: Winter Garden, FL
Hours: M-F (9am-5pm)
Reports to: Manager, Partnership Sales
About the HJGT
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) was founded in 2007 with the intention of providing junior golfers between the ages of 8-18 an opportunity to play exceptional courses in a competitive environment. The tour’s vision is to provide superb hospitality and make every event a memorable one. With play open to both males and females, nearly every junior golfer is eligible to participate on the HJGT. Currently the HJGT is the largest junior golf tour in the world hosting more 2-day nationally ranked events than any other tour.
In 2017, the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour announced a partnership with Nexus, an international hospitality and entertainment company backed by financier Joe Lewis and Tavistock Group, golfing great Tiger Woods and musician and entertainer Justin Timberlake, which will further our collective goal of growing the game of golf, broadening the Tour’s reach across the U.S. and around the world.
Responsible for Partnership Customer Service. Reaching out to Current Academy Partners to make sure all needs of the agreement. Will continue to assist them with any questions or needs they may have.
- Pursuing a degree in Business/Sports Management/Marketing
- This is an unpaid internship, and you must receive at least one (1) credit for the onsite experience from an accredited College/University.
- Assist Academy Partnerships Manager in servicing current academies.
- Use Monday.com (Dapulse) to review current academies and help complete the checklist to fulfill the partnership agreement.
- Continue to help with day-to-day questions that academies might have: registration, membership, tournament, etc.
- Help collect unpaid registrations on the unpaid list.
- Help coordinate shipping of academy partners banners.
- Reach out to current academies 1-2 weeks out of tournaments in their areas and try to push them to register and continue to play.
- When speak to academies, continue to make sure Academy Portal junior list is update.
- 40-50 calls a day. You will be emailing and texting academy directors as well.
- Responsible for growing the tour through increased membership and tournament registrations of the academy partners.
- Other duties as needed
What does success look like?
- Making 50+ outbound calls per day to prospective members and event registrants
- Assist Academies with registrations, collect unpaids, and answer any questions
- Continue to make sure our end of the agreement is filled.
- Business/Marketing experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Goal oriented
- Result driven
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the associate may be required to work varying schedules including nights and weekend to reflect the business needs of the company.
Hurricane Junior Golf Tour is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.