Location: Winter Garden, FL
Hours: M-F (9am-5pm)
Reports to: C.O.O, / Marketing Manager
About the HJGT
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) was founded in 2007 with the intention of providing junior golfers between the ages of 8-18 an opportunity to play exceptional courses in a competitive environment. The tour’s vision is to provide superb hospitality and make every event a memorable one. With play open to both males and females, nearly every junior golfer is eligible to participate on the HJGT. Currently the HJGT is the largest junior golf tour in the world hosting more 2-day nationally ranked events than any other tour.
In 2017, the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour announced a partnership with Nexus, an international hospitality and entertainment company backed by financier Joe Lewis and Tavistock Group, golfing great Tiger Woods and musician and entertainer Justin Timberlake, which will further our collective goal of growing the game of golf, broadening the Tour’s reach across the U.S. and around the world.
This position will support all departments with respect to data aggregation, reporting, and automation as well as create predictive modeling resulting data driven decision making.
- Pursuing a degree in Data and Analytics/Business/Sports Management/Marketing
- This is an unpaid internship, and you must receive at least one (1) credit for the onsite experience from an accredited College/University.
- Design and create work flows, reports, and processes that result in data driven decisions for each department (Sales, Marketing, Operations).
- Create predictive modeling with to determine KPI’s with respect to membership, tournament schedule, participation, operations related data, and other metrics as needed.
- Use creativity and data knowledge to create efficiencies in all company processes and reporting.
- Manage database integrity
- Fulfill ad-hoc report requests
- Assist with automation of reports
- Create campaign recaps and summarize marketing efficiencies for future strategy.
- Use statistical modeling to predict the financial viability of potential tournament markets and project financial performance for tournaments in existing markets
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Business Analytics, Data Science, math, or related
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools & Automation reporting
- Ability to think and work independently
- Ability to Multitask in a Fast-Paced Environment
- Passion for Sports and/or golf
- Excellent organization and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and ability to learn new skills/processes quickly.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the associate may be required to work varying schedules including nights and weekend to reflect the business needs of the company.
Hurricane Junior Golf Tour is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.