As a Credit Service Specialist, you will have the opportunity to grow and advance your career within the Credit Administration Department. The Credit Service Team at Huntington provides a “Category of One” customer service experience by potentially cross training specialist on all non-real estate delinquent products. In this position you will assist customers through their financial difficulties by asking probing questions, listening and offering solutions.
Job responsibilities may include and are not limited to:
- Establishes and maintains files relating to collection activities.
- Uses basic skip tracing to locate delinquent customers.
- Recommends action for management decisions in dealing with repossessions, litigation action, and/or foreclosure.
- Arranges for appropriate bank and/or legal action based on account analysis and as directed by manager.
Working Schedule: Several options available.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of customer service experience
- Call Center experience
- Must have a desire to educate and assist troubled customers
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate over the phone in a professional and personable manner within time constraints
- Highly focused on customer service
- Ability to understand complex processes
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Motivation to succeed
- High level of empathy
- Must be able to easily adapt to change and embrace continuous improvement
- Must be goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Must be comfortable using a computer and keyboard
- Working knowledge of consumer and collection law
- Knowledge of CACS, RMS, FDR and HOGAN systems helpful