Electroplating Engineer-II, 1st shift
Malibu, CA, USA Req #468
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
Experienced Electroplating Engineer needed for fabrication and process development of integrated circuits in a cleanroom laboratory environment.Work within a Wet-Process module consisting of Electroplating as well as wet-etch and metal liftoff processing in a high-mix semiconductor fabrication lab. This position includes hands-on, single wafer, beaker processing as well as operation of production-oriented, automated semiconductor processing equipment for small scale production, R&D and process development projects. General activities include but are not limited to: electroplating of various metals (including Copper Damascene, sulfite bath chemistry Gold plating, and Nickel plating), plating bath chemical maintenance, thin film analysis/inspection, measurement and data entry.
Work in a Class 10 (ISO-4) Cleanroom environment performing standard/routine production processing, R&D and process development within a wet-process module/section of a semiconductor fabrication laboratory. Daily tasks include hands-on, single wafer and batch processing within a chemical fume hood as well as operation of fully automated semiconductor process equipment.
Work autonomously and/or within a team environment performing tasks including but not limited to:
- Electroplating of high-value semiconductor wafers, inspection, measurement and data entry
- Process development of electroplating processes of various metals.Understanding and experience with wet-etching and metal liftoff processing is a plus.
- Performing equipment verifications/calibrations following internal SOP’s and manufacturers protocols
- Monitoring of sensitive automated processes, understanding and utilizing excursion documentation protocols
- Tracking lab equipment information including calibration schedules, open work orders, and equipment status using statistical software
- Maintaining and reporting daily metrology data
- Communicating any customer issues or potential problems
This position requires candidates that are able to work their entire shift within a cleanroom laboratory wearing appropriate PPE. Must be able to follow detailed instructions, pay attention to detail, and accurately enter data.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing work assignments.
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to instantly adapt to a flexible and changing schedule
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to establish and foster positive customer relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to work within a cleanroom environment wearing personal protective equipment to include lab coveralls, chemical apron, hood, facemask, hairnets, safety gloves and goggles
- Walking and/or standing may be required for 70-80% of the work day
- Must possess motor skills appropriate to the task
- Must be able to lift/push/pull 25-30 pounds consistently
EDUCATION DESIRED:B.S. or M.S. degree preferred.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: US Citizenship required.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.