Dental Hygienist, Full time: 40 hours per week. The Dental Hygienist performs duties within the scope of education and experience and under the direct supervision of the Site Manager/Dental Provider.
Qualifications include Graduate of accredited school of Dental Hygiene and licensed by the state of Ohio. General operator’s license in dental radiology required. Position requires current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR), good verbal and written communication skills as well as exemplary customer service skills.
· Competently operates standard dental equipment which may include autoclave, air/water syringe, suction, x-ray unit, dental units and other office specific equipment.
· Competently operates dental office software.
· Coordinates patient intake and preparation for exam functions in a constant, steady fashion.
· Maintains organization and sets priorities to facilitate patient flow.
· Prepares the dental operatory for the specific procedure determined by the Dentist.
· Takes patient’s vital signs and any radiographs as needed for the exam. These may include a Panorex, a full mouth series, Bitewings, periapical or occlusal radiographs.
· Completes in-house lab procedures as determined by the Dentist which may include: pouring up and trimming models, making biterims, making bleaching splints, making night guards, and making custom trays.
· Assists Dentist with dental procedures, which may include examinations, amalgams, composites, extractions, dentures, partials, crown and bridge procedures, sealants, root canals, and other procedures.
· Administers oral medications, subcutaneous and intramuscular injections per Dentist’s orders.
· Cleans the operatory after dental treatment, including sterilization of all reusable materials and disposal of non-reusable material. Places protection covers as required by OSHA and Universal Precautions.
· Understands and accurately communicates instructions, information, and/or concepts according to the Dentist’s orders utilizing proper dental terminology and grammar.
· Returns phone calls to patients with Dentist’s orders or recommendations as directed by Dentist.
· Maintains dental supplies inventory and all necessary supplies as required by the dentist.
· Responsible for the maintenance of dental equipment, such as air compressor, suction, hand pieces and processors as requested by Site Director.
· Assists with scheduling, chart pulling and other front office duties when necessary.
· Assist patient in scheduling recommended referrals.
· Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific factors necessary to perform safe and effective performance of duties.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge and continue education in dental by reading and attending conferences. Keep up-to-date on Hopewell Health Centers’ policies, procedures and protocols.
· Maintain radiology license or certification.
· Participate in the Quality Assurance Program. Attend all other mandated meetings related to the practice of dental services within the organization.
· Other duties as directed by supervisor.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary including health, dental, vision, paid vacation, holidays, sick, 401 k retirement plan, and more.
Hopewell Health Centers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.