The Accounts Payable Assistant is responsible for management of Accounts Payable email, process invoices via firm credit card and enter monthly journal and cost entries.
- Respond to A/P email
- Review invoices for proper coding and approval
- Process invoices via firm credit card
- Enter cost and journal entries
- Review monthly vendor statements
- Prepare credit card statements for entry
- Back-fill the A/P Technician as required
- Additional projects as necessary
Job Qualifications (Education, Experience and Certification):
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required or one to two years of work experience in a professional environment
- Requires an understanding of accounting theory
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word
- 10-key and/or data entry skills required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to transition efficiently between different software systems
- Functional/Technical Expertise – Understands necessary information, processes and procedures to carry out job responsibilities.
- Customer Orientation – Views the firm through the eyes of the customer and goes out of their way to anticipate and meet customer needs.
- Communication – Recognizes the essential value of continuous information exchange.
- Team Player – Team oriented; maintains composure and is adaptable to the changing needs of the team.
- Results Orientation – Maintains appropriate focus on outcomes and accomplishments.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee must have the ability to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time; manipulate (lift, carry, move) weights of at least ten (10) pounds; have repetitive wrist/hand/finger movement to work on a computer and/or related office equipment; speak clearly and concisely so listeners can understand; and regularly understand the speech of another person.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by this position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Professional office atmosphere. Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting or standing for prolonged periods. Position may require occasional off-hour meetings and events.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those this position may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Holland & Hart offers of employment take into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location, external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. Colorado Salary Range – $17.80-$29.66 per hour. A discretionary bonus may be available based upon performance.
Holland & Hart works hard to promote work/life balance with a 37.5-hour scheduled work week for most staff employees, a robust wellness program, and generous PTO and holiday pay for eligible employees. Full-time employees become eligible for benefits on the date hire, with a benefits offering that includes, dental, vision, life, AD&D, EAP, STD, and LTD. Also available are voluntary income protection benefits such as supplemental life, accident, critical illness, and long-term care insurances, as well as a 401(k)-retirement plan with a company match. In addition, the firm has programs that may provide for educational assistance, free or discounted legal services, and opportunities through the Holland & Hart Foundation, which is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating volunteer opportunities for lawyers, staff, families, and friends of Holland & Hart LLP. Part-time employees may have access to some of these benefits, which may be on a pro-rated basis.