The contractor shall provide logistics support to GSD’s Consular Supply Facility (CSF). Using, but not limited to, DOS’ Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS) and CA Management Software Systems; the contractor shall support management of inventory; ensure items are stocked fully; process supply orders, and ship orders.
- Using, but not limited to the DOS’ ILMS and CA Management Software Systems, to assist in collecting, sorting, tracking, and delivery of mail, documents, papers, parcels, packages, and other materials on an established route and time schedule from the DOS to delivery points within the SA-17 offices.
- Monitor center’s group email address for incoming email inquiries, such as items ordered or order status and assure inquiry acknowledgement within two (2) business hours and follow-up response within one (1) business day.
- Maintain metered mail reports and ensure appropriate accounts are being charged accurately with 100% accountability.
- Assist in collecting, sorting, tracking, and delivering mail, documents, papers, parcels, packages, and other materials on an established route and time schedule to mail points within a building to offices; assist in processing all incoming and outgoing mail while compiling mail information and data in Excel spreadsheets.
- Scan and process incoming and outgoing material into the ILMS Mail Management System (MMS) or successor and/or Excel spreadsheets
- Ensure x-ray scans and/or DOS established security requirements of all materials received, track all deliveries through manual or computerized records, prioritize, and/or direct material delivery to building occupants.
- Sort materials to be delivered according to designated stops and times.
- Transport support staff and/or materials to/from different DOS annexes or locations throughout the Washington, DC Metro area.
- Pick up and/or drop off daily materials from the Harry S. Truman (HST) Shipping and Receiving Office and/or Mailroom, located at 2201 C Street, NW, Washington, DC 20520 with delivery to SA-17.
- Pick up material (minimum of once daily) from SA-32, located at 44132 Mercure Circle, Sterling, VA 20166 with delivery to the distribution center at SA-17; shall support additional pick-ups/drop-offs requested by the COR/GTM
- Maintain a log of vehicle loan outs, including the name of person to which the vehicle is being loaned, the date and time of the loan, the date and time of return, the mileage at the time of loan and upon return, and the vehicle condition upon return; log shall be written in a log or completed in Excel, per the COR/GTM.
- Check the vehicle frequently and after each loan for damage and note all pertinent information in the vehicle log book.
- Perform any other driving tasks at the discretion of the GTM.
- Perform required preventative maintenance checks and interior/exterior care as set forth in the GSA Fleet Users Guide Handbook and maintain a log of when these actions are performed.
- Take the vehicle to a GSA approved auto repair shop for required preventative maintenance within three (3) business days of being notified by the DOS Fleet Vehicle Office or the applicable fleet interval guidelines and note the maintenance performed in the Official Vehicle Report (OVR’s).
- Safely operate lift truck and automated equipment to move, pull, and store supplies throughout the warehouse.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated timely and proficient organizational skills with the ability to work independently and multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment with little or no supervision.
- Ability to maintain control with 100% accountability of ‘official mail’ with a working knowledge of the importance and handling official mail.
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work may be Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is expected up to 10% of the time for this position.
- Possess working knowledge of DOS proper regulations and procedures for handling mail as outlined in 14 FAM 700/FAH-4/-5 Pouch and Mail Handbook including the safe handling of suspicious mail.
- Working knowledge and familiarity of DOS’ address and office symbols.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with the USPS’ domestic postal zip codes.
- Possess working knowledge and familiarity with DOS’ ILMS Diplomatic Pouch and Mail (DPM) and Mail Management System (MMS) software and hardware used to track and account for all mailed items.
- Bachelor’s Degree; or High School Diploma and four (4) years specialized experience in distribution operations.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Possess, and maintain throughout POP, lift truck operation certification (OSHA).
Must possess a SECRET security clearance
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned