Full-time Registered Sanitarian/Environmental Health Specialist
Sanitarian/Environmental Health Specialist-in-Training
· Complete environmental investigation & inspections, associated testing & sampling, and provide technical advice to both industry professionals and the public.
· Investigate foodborne & other illnesses and public health nuisances.
· Collects water & effluent samples.
· Performs routine tests according to health district policy to enforce state & local laws, rules, and regulations.
· Performs public health emergency response duties as assigned.
· Participates in quality improvement projects.
· Utilizes performance management processes & techniques to improve effectiveness of public health programs.
Environmental Health programs include but are not limited to food service operations and retail food establishments, vending, schools, camps, swimming pools & spas, body art establishments, sewage treatment systems, private water/wells, water samples, septage hauling vehicles, water hauling vehicles, and rabies control.
Must be a Registered Sanitarian or meet the eligibility requirements of a Registered Sanitarian in the state of Ohio (minimum of a bachelor’s degree (30 semester hours of science – biology, chemistry, physics, geology, mathematics, or statistics and be applicable to the practice of environmental health science); Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health or related health field preferred. Must be detail-oriented & organized, possess strong written and oral communication skills, and have excellent time-management and customer service skills. Knowledge of computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) a must. Spanish-speaking preferred.
Hours and Pay Range:
Employment Status: Full-time; non-exempt from overtime.
Pay Grade 4; pay range $17.57 -25.50/hour.
Please submit an application, resume, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department, Henry County Health Department, 1843 Oakwood Avenue, Napoleon, OH 43545, or email to email@example.com