The Lifeguard (LG) is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and performance of a facility within the Aquatics Department. Responsible for; maintaining a safe clean facility at all times, client satisfaction, customer engagement, maintaining all Hastings Water Works policies and procedures, brand reputation.
Include the following, but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein: Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
● Maintaining surveillance in the chair or on the pool deck while on duty and remain rescue ready
● Respond to all emergency situations
● Uphold the standard to the American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification and the Ohio Revised Code
● Responsible for assigned opening duties before the facility opens and the closing procedures before the facility is secured at close. These responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following: vacuuming swimming pool, opening/closing umbrellas, folding towels, sweeping pool deck, straightening pool furniture, taking and recording pool chemicals, balancing pool chemicals, stocking restrooms, cleaning the scum line and emptying skimmer baskets.
● Responsible for maintaining a clean facility while on duty. The following responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following: emptying trash (transporting all trash containers to the street once a week), cleaning and restocking restrooms, straightening pool furniture, and sweeping pool deck.
● Responsible for maintaining pool chemistry within state required ranges. Chemicals will be tested and recorded in the chemical logbook every four (4) hours while the facility is open.
● Responsible for escalating abnormalities in chemicals and/or equipment to Area Manager. Call your manager before making any adjustments.
● Managing patron safety and facility policy adherence
● May include, but not limited to the following: checking pool passes and enforcing pool rules
● Communicate client complaints to Area Manager
● Maintain a professional attitude at all times with patrons and clients
● Attend scheduled meetings with Area Manager
● Responsible for logging attendance every hour
● Responsible for completing reporting for the following; accident, rescue, bodily fluid, incident; as they occur at the facility immediately after the event and call your Area Manager.
● Responsible for recording chemical readings every four hours in the chemical logbook
● Additional reporting may be assigned
● Responsible for attending a minimum of two (2) hours of in-service training every two (2) weeks of work
● Ability to swim 300 yards; without stopping
● Tread water for 2 minutes; without using your hands
● Swim 20 yards; dive to the bottom of a 9 foot pool and retrieve a 10 pound brick, swim on your back for 20 yards while holding the brick in both hands, and exit the swimming pool, within 1 minute and 40 seconds
● Reliable transportation and ability to travel to different locations within a 10 mile radius of your scheduled facility
● Strong customer service skills
● Strong communication skills, written, verbal, and public speaking, including active listening
● Excellent interpersonal skills and is energetic, driven, and able to motivate others
● High level of attention to detail
● Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a high volume cyclical environment
● Goal and results oriented
● Possess a high level of enthusiasm
● Ability to work independently and take initiative
● Comfortable operating in an environment of continual change
● Ability to be a collaborative and supportive team player
● Possess integrity and ability to hold self and others accountable
● Openness to critical feedback and suggestion
● Must have a smartphone
● High school diploma, GED or in the process of obtaining High school diploma or GED.
● American Red Cross Certification (Lifeguard, First-Aid, CPR and AED)
● A minimum age of 16 years of age
● 1+ years lifeguarding
● 1+ years working in a customer service related industry; retail, restaurant, sales
● Prior experience working at facility utilizing Red Cross Lifeguarding standards
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Physical Requirements/Essential Functions (ADA compliance): Please check all that apply to this position.
Activity – If more than 2 plus hours per day
Lifting to include
0 – 10 lbs.
11 – 25 lbs.
26 – 60 lbs.
61 – 75 lbs.
Over 75 lbs.
Wet and/or Humid
Hearing to Converse
Hearing to use the Telephone
Reading Distance 1 to 5 Feet
Reading Distance 10 to 30 Feet
Left – Hand Dominant
Right – Hand Dominant
Occasionally (2–3 hours weekly)
Frequently (2 – 3 hours daily)
Continuously (4 plus hours daily)