Habitat for Humanity-MidOhio is currently seeking a full-time AmeriCorps member to serve from August 2021-August 2022 in the role of AmeriCorps Resource Development VISTA Member.
The AmeriCorps Resource Development VISTA Member will create, document, and implement plans for donor engagement, tracking, and recognition to increase the overall experience and commitment to Habitat’s mission through special program initiatives. They will create fundraising tools to encourage and grow participation through our 24 Hours of Hockey event, The Playhouse Project, and Women Build program. The member will increase communications for future engagement and retention purposes. This position will serve on a Monday-Friday schedule with some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Research the existing resource development practices of each program and explore what aspects need improvement as well as identify growth opportunities for fundraising and future involvement.
- Reach out to other affiliates to learn more about their special program initiatives, engagement activities, and collateral, and gain fundraising ideas and best practices to compare to current programing methods and efforts for recommendation and implementation.
- Develop fundraising guide to include ways to increase donations through peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Create templates, social media content, and sample fundraising page messaging through GoFundMe Charity platform to make peer-to-peer fundraising easier for participants.
- Assist with 24 Hours of Hockey player recruitment for 2022 event, and create regular correspondence to engage players in the fundraising process.
- Create fundraising resources and ideas to assist groups in meeting playhouse sponsorship goals.
- Construct resource content for educational and advocacy purposes demonstrating the need to support Habitat financially.
- Coach groups in reaching their fundraising goals.
- Help identify special mini blitz options (3-5 playhouse at a time), including identifying subset communities (i.e. banks, teachers, etc.) and prospective donors through targeting businesses, faith organizations, school groups, civic groups, and other community organizations.
- Collaborate with the resource development team to develop a donor engagement strategy and planning timeline to pitch The Playhouse Project collateral and program to targeted prospects.
- Engage playhouse blitz sponsors in reaching fundraising goals and help plan and implement at least one mini playhouse blitz during the service year.
- Implement donor cultivation strategies with a focus on multi-generational engagement and build out multiple fundraising options to broaden and diversity the audience of Women Build supporters.
- Utilize the Women Build monthly newsletter, social media, website, and other correspondence and platforms to attract current and future volunteer and donors in engaging in revenue generating activities.
- Create infrastructure for faith groups, especially youth-aged groups, to engage in local mission work and increase their awareness of the need for affordable housing in their community.
- Collaborate with the Faith Relations and Stewardship Manager to implement a strategy to pilot local mission work collateral and activities within the faith community and with youth-aged groups.
- Assist in pilot initiative cultivation and test engagement activities, making modifications as needed from participant feedback and affiliate feasibility.
- 18 years of age or older
- U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
- Driver’s license
- Personal vehicle
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
- Possess bachelor’s degree or 3 years related volunteer/job experience.
- Previous fundraising experience a plus.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Can multi-task and is adaptable.
- Experience working as a member of a team.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Current valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
For more information, visit https://www.habitatmidohio.org/get-involved/americorps.html
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to Deb Light at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AmeriCorps VISTA members will receive a living allowance of $13,399, basic health benefits, and an Education Award of $6345 upon completion of service. Habitat MidOhio also provides members with housing assistance of up to $200 per month.