~ **$14,000 SIGNING BONUS if Credentialed**
Primary Function: Under the supervision of the site Principal, is responsible for student instruction and implementation of the school’s goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach the standards, as assigned by the Principal.
• Provide planned learning experiences in order to motivate pupils and effectively utilize the available time for instruction.
• Develop lesson plans, instructional materials, and teaching methods in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of individual pupils.
• Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom, and provide guidance in developing qualities of good citizenship.
• Evaluate pupil’s academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, prepare progress reports and to use that data to guide instruction.
• Communicate with parents on the individual pupil’s progress through teacher-parent conferences and other means of communication.
• Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
• Create a functional and attractive environment for learning through attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of student work.
• Participate in inservice educational activities.
• Perform basic attendance accounting.
• Supervise pupils in out-of-class activities during the work day, as assigned.
• Administer local and state assessments in accordance with district testing program.
• Participate in curriculum and other development programs within the school assignment or on a district level.
• Participate in after hours activities as identified in the G.T.A. contract.
• Perform other related duties, as assigned.
• An Appropriate California Teaching Credential.
• Bilingual/Biliterate ability in English/Spanish preferred.
• A CLAD, BCLAD or equivalent certificate desired and preferred.
Physical and Mental Characteristics:
• Physical, mental and emotional stamina to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to write, use telephone, business machines and equipment including computers.
• Vision sufficient to read printed material.
• Hear sufficiently so as to be able to conduct in person and telephone conversations.
• Speaking ability in an understandable voice with sufficient volume to be heard in a normal conversational distance and on the telephone.
• Physical agility to push/pull, squat, twist, turn, bend, stoop, and to reach overhead.
• Physical mobility sufficient to move about the work environment; drive an automobile, and respond to emergency situations.
• Physical stamina sufficient to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
• Physical strength sufficient to lift twenty-five (25) pounds.
• Mental acuity to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgements and decisions.
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, continued employment of persons hired by the Greenfield Union School District after November 6, 1986, will be contingent upon presentation by the employee of acceptable documents verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States