Greater Summit County ELC
Teacher Job Title:
Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Grade Teacher
Teacher Job Summary:
Greater Summit County Early Learning Center (S.C.O.P.E. Academy) is seeking a teacher to create and deliver engaging lessons that meets the needs of all learners. The ideal candidate will have a background in delivering high-quality project based learning and experience collaborating and planning with a team of teachers. We are looking for a teacher that not only has a solid understanding of Ohio’s Academic Content Standards, but also is able to personalize learning based on the individual needs of each child in his or her care. The successful candidate will possess a keen understanding of how to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of a wide-array of early learners. We are looking for a dedicated professional with a positive attitude who wants to provide a superior educational experience with a team of like-minded educators.
Teacher Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare daily lesson plans that encourage inquiry-based learning and equips learners to master surface, deep, and transfer types of learning opportunities. Insure that instructional materials and resources are aligned to instructional purposes, are varied and appropriate to ability levels of students, and actively engage them in ownership of their learning.
- Have a clear learning target with appropriate success criteria so that it is clear how learners can be successful with each lesson.
- Prepare lessons in reading and math that reinforce projects in which learners are engaged. Embed social studies, science, and STEAM principles within the curriculum.
- Create unit plans that utilize a backwards design process.
- Collect formative data during daily instruction that helps build the teacher’s understanding of each learners academic needs.
- Tailor curriculum for each learner that is personalized to their individual learning needs. Plan for and articulate specific strategies, content, and delivery that will meet the needs of individual students and groups of students.
- Build a sense of wonder and curiosity within your classroom environment.
- Develop a classroom management system that utilizes intrinsic motivation rather than extrinsic.
- Have classroom routines that are well-established and orderly for the efficient operation of the classroom.
- Equip learners with self-governing strategies and encourage learners to communicate with each other in a positive way.
- Get to know each learners interests and build their capacity to effectively share their talents with one another.
- Engage in two-way, ongoing communication with families that result in active volunteer, community, and family partnerships.
- Help each learner build a comprehensive portfolio that showcases where they are with each phase of the learning process.
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues in an effort to improve personal and team practices. Facilitate professional dialogue, observe peers, deliver honest and appropriate feedback, and engage in professional learning opportunities that deepen one’s knowledge of the teaching practice.
- Meet ethical and professional responsibilities and seek to understand district policies and their implications in the classroom.
- Set and regularly modify short- and long-term professional goals based on self-assessment and analysis of student learning evidence.
Teacher Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in education is required and Master’s Degree in Education is preferred
- Current, valid state teaching certification required
- 2+ years’ elementary teaching experience preferred
- Preschool – Grade 3 licensing required. Grades 4-5 endorsement and reading endorsement preferred
- Experience with and mastery of Ohio’s Learning Standards
- Ability to build rapport with elementary-age learners
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Possess a growth mindset and positive attitude