JOB TITLE: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN III
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Under general supervision, performs highly skilled mechanical, electrical, plumbing diagnostic, repair and maintenance work on Grafton buildings, facilities, grounds and/or vehicles. Work involves the installation, evaluation, repair and maintenance of heating, water, air conditioning, electrical and ventilation systems and/or vehicle systems and parts. Employee is required to perform complex skilled trades work in a variety of trades areas, ensuring structural and mechanical safety, proper functioning and operations, and compliance with standards, policies and practices of the various trades. Reports to a Maintenance Supervisor.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Performs highly skilled preventive maintenance, diagnostic evaluations and repair work on a variety of building, facility and vehicle systems to include: plumbing, ventilation, carpentry, heating and air conditioning systems, food service equipment, furnaces, water and sewer pumps.
· Installs, maintains and repairs plumbing facilities, heating and air conditioning systems, and various electrical systems, including lights and ballasts.
· Prepares performance reports on HVAC systems; creates diagrams of HVAC systems for use during repair and maintenance. Changed
· Inspects and adjusts mechanical systems such as boilers, chillers and water heaters. Examines and maintains fire alarm systems to ensure proper functioning
· Installs telephone wiring and new phone lines. Delete….an IT department task
· Performs varied finish and framing carpentry work to include building cabinets, door and window framing, drywall and plaster repair, repairing furniture, etc.
· Performs preventive maintenance and replacement on varied building furnishings, interiors and exterior structures, such as replacing ceiling tiles, repairing light fixtures, replacing windows and doors, framing structures, etc.
· Operates various types of hand tools, power equipment and machinery, precision instruments, specialized tools, gauges and devices in the performance of varied skilled trades work. Maintains and performs preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
· Provides technical guidance, training and assistance to other staff members as needed.
· Performs diagnostic evaluation of motor vehicles.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Completes records, forms and files such as purchase orders, charge receipts, work orders, logs of repairs performed and cost of repairs, etc,
· Researches cost information and contacts vendors in an effort to locate parts and supplies. Orders materials and picks up supplies.
· Performs snow removal duties. Performs emergency work.
· Participates in on-call rotation.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or equivalent supplemented by vocational training and course work in several skilled trades areas to include HVAC, mechanical and/or electrical systems, carpentry, automotive mechanics and/or plumbing. Requires 3 years of experience in performing diagnostic, maintenance and repair work in a variety of trades for buildings, facilities and motor vehicles; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Employee must possess a valid driver’s license.