TO APPLY: Submit a GS application by clicking on the location of interest below:
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Successful projects are the result of careful planning, effective stakeholder management, transparency and coordinated delivery. As our firm diversifies its business mix and strives to achieve greater operating efficiencies, managing large-scale initiatives and projects is critical.
Strong project managers embody excellent judgment, identify risks or issues early and are able to manage multiple stakeholders with competing priorities. Importantly, they are results driven and have a proven track record of execution against deliverables.
Divisions and Job Functions
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
Operations is at the core of Goldman Sachs. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that enables business to flow. The Operations division partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets.
- Investment Banking Division Operations is responsible for all operational functions for the Investment Banking Division. We support all product flows and provide effective control for the firm’s Investment Banking strategy.
- Global Markets Division Operations provides client onboarding support, post-trade transaction services and post-trade portfolio services for the Securities Division. Our Client Coverage Group manages key client relationships to enhance the client experience front to back. We support the FICC and Equities businesses to develop and deliver new products, services and markets.
- Consumer & Investment Management Division Operations is responsible for front-to-back operational support to the Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Private Wealth Management and Ayco businesses in service, delivery, and processing functions across the trade and client lifecycle.
- Operations Risk Management manages the development and implementation of the division’s risk framework, including monitoring of key controls, provision of management reporting, creation of risk metrics and development of training and awareness programs. Our Embedded Risk Managers work closely with line teams to improve risk and control transparency and effectiveness.
- Regulatory and Control Operations oversees the integrity of the firm’s books and records, and ensure we continue to remain compliant with global client money, regulatory and tax reporting obligations.
- Treasury Services provides payment processing, liquidity, cash management and bank relationship management services for our institutional, retail, and corporate clients as well as firmwide flows.
- Operations Management and Digital Transformation sets and executes strategic priorities, manages financial targets and organizational design, creates internal communication strategies and drives people priorities for Operations. We undertake external industry engagement with peers, infrastructures and clients to develop market solutions to operational challenges, as well as training employees and providing tooling for the automation of business processes.
Management & Strategy Teams sit across all divisions of the firm and drive the operational, risk and financial strategy for their division. Teams work closely with leadership to develop, execute, and refine the vision and strategy for the business – including areas such as delivering best-in-class market share, profitability and return profiles across businesses, regions, and product lines. Individuals at all levels in the team take ownership for strategic initiatives and financial analyses. Teams are composed of individuals with backgrounds across consulting, financial modelling, accounting, risk management, technology & engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree (2017 – December 2020)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Ability to effectively interact and build relationships with senior management and global stakeholders
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
- Integrity, ethical standards and sound judgment