Join the nation’s leader in second-look finance servicing as our Jr. Risk Analyst!
As a Jr. Risk Analyst, your primary role will be to perform empirically derived analysis to understand business performance, identify improvement opportunities, and develop strategies. At Genesis, you’ll refine your skills in data analysis and participate in key decision making that drives the business in measurable ways. This position offers unlimited growth opportunities for someone who is passionate about analyzing business performance, making data-driven decisions, and testing and optimizing strategy.
As our Jr. Risk Analyst you will:
- Identify business challenges and opportunities, using modeling and analytics to deliver recommendations as well as strategic or tactical recommendations.
- Analyze business performance and strategies to drive forecasting, staffing, and drive business insights.
- Assist in developing Underwriting strategies for consumer loans by connecting behaviors and characteristics to credit trends, leveraging new/better data and risk models, and managing implementation considerations.
- Manage and manipulate large data sets using a variety of software packages.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate test strategies with a focus on driving profitability.
- Effectively communicate analytical approach, relevant findings, and recommendations with supporting evidence throughout the organization.
- Perform ad-hoc queries and create ad-hoc reports to support analysis.
- Interact with various business area managers on a regular basis.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities leveraging strong quantitative, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Have the opportunity to grow you career and leave your mark on a rapidly growing company.
All reports, analyses, and recommendations should be completed in a timely manner and with extreme attention to detail. You will be expected to thoroughly review all datasets, analysis, and presentations for accuracy. You will present your work regularly and provide supporting evidence for your recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar) or equivalent experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Disciplined attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work proactively and collaboratively in a cross-functional team to drive results.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Results Focus: Self-starter with ability to work independently and with a team.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Familiarity with credit bureaus and alternative data sources.
- Experience with SQL (MS SQL Server), R, Python, or SAS.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
What’s In It For You:
- Robust health insurance including individual and family Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Peace of mind with Life and AD&D Insurance
- Protect yourself with company paid Long-Term Disability
- Save on taxes with Flexible Spending Accounts
- Relax and recharge with Paid Time Off (PTO) Program; plus 6 paid holidays and 1 paid floating holiday
- Financial health with 401k plus employer match up to 4%
- We invest in your future through Tuition Reimbursement and ongoing Learning & Development
- Take care of your well-being through Wellness perks
Genesis Financial Solutions is one of the nation’s largest non-prime credit card servicing businesses. We serve almost 3 million consumers through two channels: Private Label Credit Card Servicing and direct-to-consumer MasterCard options that we service on behalf of our issuing bank partners. We specialize in second-look finance servicing for consumers who are turned down by a prime lender, yet are just slightly below the prime threshold. We are a company of seasoned consumer finance professionals who believe that everyone deserves the opportunity for both quality credit financing, and the chance to rebuild their credit. With our help, non-prime consumers can buy quality products and services without depleting their savings account.
Genesis Financial Solutions is an equal opportunity employer (EEO).