Join the nation’s leader in second-look finance servicing as our HR Coordinator!
The Human Resource Coordinator supports the HR Team and employees at our locations in Beaverton, OR, Akron, OH as well as remotely across the US. This individual is responsible for providing support to Human Resources staff at both locations across all employee touchpoints. To be successful in this role, you must demonstrate the ability to exercise discretion regarding confidential matters.
The incumbent must meet work deadlines, have regular attendance, good oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work with a team, ability to multi-task, use a PC and a computer terminal, and the specialized telephone system. It requires access to all areas of the office, and the ability to sit for extended periods of time, periodically bending and twisting, and frequent application of a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. The Company will provide reasonable accommodation where necessary.
As our HR Coordinator you will:
- Serve as the point of contact for new employees by providing onboarding information ahead of their first day, conducting new hire orientation, collecting and entering new hire details into HRIS and Payroll systems, assigning policies and completing I9 verifications.
- Process HR paperwork such as new hires, employee changes, personal information, status changes, promotions, and terminations. Ensure completion, approval, and filing of documents and data entry into HRIS systems in a timely manner while ensuring a high level of data integrity.
- Partner with Hiring Managers, Recruiting and the IT Support Team to ensure successful onboarding of new employees.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to HR Team and other departments on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Manage and maintain employee personnel files in accordance with record keeping requirements.
- Complete employment verifications regarding title and hire date.
- Utilize HRIS and related systems to access, analyze, and create assigned reports on employee data.
- Establish and maintain human resource internal processes and policies.
- Assist managers and employees with payroll related items, including timekeeping, timecard approvals, and employee self-service.
- Act as a liaison for general HR related policy questions from employees including, but not limited to: time off, payroll, benefits, etc.
- Assist with employee engagement, learning and development, performance management, and recognition programs.
- Partner with Human Resources to develop and conduct employee trainings.
- Stay current on all state, federal, and local employment laws and required postings.
- Provide support to benefit and payroll teams and additional departmental functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- One plus years of experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Basic understanding of HR standards and employment law.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with an HRIS system, including maintenance, reporting, and data analysis.
- Ability to handle proprietary and sensitive information with utmost confidentiality and discretion.
- Self-directed with strong independent decision making capabilities.
- High level of interpersonal skills and be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results.
- Must be able to manage competing demands and multiple tasks, prioritizing as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
What’s In It For You:
- Robust health insurance including individual and family Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Peace of mind with Life and AD&D Insurance
- Protect yourself with company paid Long-Term Disability
- Save on taxes with Flexible Spending Accounts
- Relax and recharge with Paid Time Off (PTO) Program; plus 6 paid holidays and 1 paid floating holiday.
- Financial health with 401k plus employer match up to 4%
- We invest in your future through Tuition Reimbursement and ongoing Learning & Development
- Take care of your well-being through Wellness perks
Genesis Financial Solutions is one of the nation’s largest non-prime credit card servicing businesses. We serve almost 3 million consumers through two channels: Private Label Credit Card Servicing and direct-to-consumer MasterCard options that we service on behalf of our issuing bank partners. We specialize in second-look finance servicing for consumers who are turned down by a prime lender, yet are just slightly below the prime threshold. We are a company of seasoned consumer finance professionals who believe that everyone deserves the opportunity for both quality credit financing, and the chance to rebuild their credit. With our help, non-prime consumers can buy quality products and services without depleting their savings account.
Genesis Financial Solutions is an equal opportunity employer (EEO).