Medical Diagnostic Laboratories, LLC (MDL) is a CLIA certified clinical laboratory with multiple state licensing, specializing in state-of-the-art, automated DNA based molecular analysis of a variety of chronic and infectious illnesses.
The Institute of Metabolic Disorders (www.institute-metabolic-disorders.com) at MDL. a part of the Genesis Biotechnology Group (www.genesisbiotechgroup.com) has an opening for a MS level scientist. The scientist hired will work with a dynamic team of scientists who are focusing on discovering new targets and treatments for diseases that are caused by a dysfunction in the immune system. Ongoing research is being conducted in the areas of liver disease and immuno-oncology. The scientist hired has the unique opportunity to be in on the “ground floor” of target identification and small molecule high throughput screening, and will be part of the lead team driving projects through in vivo mouse efficacy studies. The laboratory is highly interactive with several academic institutions and regularly publishes in high impact journals, such as the Journal of Biological Chemistry, Molecular and Cellular Biology, and Genetics. The successful applicant will become a core member of a highly interactive team of junior and senior scientists who are using their expertise in drug-discovery, chemistry, pharmacology and mouse models of inflammation in order to develop new therapies for treating immune-related diseases.
This is NOT a remote position. Candidate MUST report to Hamilton Office every work day.
As our ideal candidate, you will:
- Have a Master’s degree
- Have working knowledge of mammalian cell culture, biochemical analyses of protein and mRNA expression, fluorescence microscopy, and siRNA and CRSPR methods, is a plus but not essential for applying for the position
- Have good working knowledge of immunology, molecular biology, and biochemistry.
- Have excellent written, spoken and presentation skills when partnering with specialists and non-specialists.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent organization, time management skills, and the ability to meet schedules.
- Be able to collaborate across a multi-disciplinary team and work independently
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Policies (Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness & Supplemental STD)
- Legal Plan & Identity Theft Protection
- 401(k) Plan
- Business Casual Environment
Visit us at www.mdlab.com
Medical Diagnostic Laboratories, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.