High Road Schools of PG County is looking for dedicated, passionate and qualified Special Education teachers to join our team.
The teacher provides instructional services to students with learning needs, diagnoses learning skill deficits and delivers prescribed instructional delivery methods as determined by SESI Schools; consults with school personnel to coordinate efforts in providing services to students; communicates and conferences with parents providing information on student progress, co-teach with other educators.
- Attends training sessions, passes content assessment, and delivers designated instructional models for eligible students through utilization of SESI materials and educational strategies.
- Identifies and enrolls eligible students through existing test scores, administering tests, and/or other acceptable methods as required by SESI, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Develops and maintains individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Ensures supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from SESI classroom or to mobile/trailer classroom.
- Establishes and maintains student forms and files as required by SESI, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Establishes and maintains a positive customer relationship with classroom teachers and principals, including providing achievement objectives and updated approved schedules of services.
- Attends and documents conferences/meetings/trainings with SESI Supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as required by SESI, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Conducts progress monitoring.
- Write IEP’s and Implement accommodations and modifications in the classroom.
- Conduct and participate in IEP Meeting.
- Create and Implement FBA’s and Behavior Plans.
- Create weekly lesson plans that meet the needs of the students.
- Maintains inventory of educational materials and supplies.
- Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers.
- Must be flexible
Bachelors degree REQUIRED