Fluke is leading the world in creating software, test tools and technology that will support customers today and in the future. We are a customer-obsessed market leader with a strong reputation for reliability, quality and safety.
A wholly owned subsidiary of Fortive Corporation (www.fortive.com), Fluke is a global corporation headquartered in the greater Seattle area. Driven by the successful Fortive Business System, Fluke offers the passion of a startup with the resources of a Fortune 500 company. We are focused on the growth of our individual employees, teams and the Fluke brand.
If you like big challenges, making a difference in the world, working with a great team of people, and bridging software applications to the physical world, come join our new product introduction team in Everett, WA.
As an Embedded Software Design Engineer, you will partner with other engineers in multiple disciplines to design and implement cutting-edge software for new Fluke products. These products span handheld measurement tools, bench calibrators, network test tools, thermal imaging cameras, and more! You will leverage your knowledge and experience to produce code that lives up to Fluke’s legacy of giving the customer a little more than they paid for.
If you are an experienced, highly motivated, curious, engineer who loves building high quality software in products that keep the world up and running, we would love to talk to you!
- Design, develop, test, document, build, install, debug, and perform analysis on embedded software applications.
- Prepare software documentation, test procedures and tools.
- Support the creation and execution of project plans.
- Balance analysis and research with execution and results.
- Work closely with other software team members to develop robust code.
- Resolve hardware/software implementation tradeoffs with hardware engineers.
- Collaborate closely with leadership and project management teams to make proper trade-offs for functionality, time, risk, and impact.
- Keep up to date on knowledge regarding current trends in software development.
- May lead a small team of embedded software engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 4 years of embedded software development professional experience. Advanced degree(s) may be considered in lieu of some experience.
- 2 years developing software for embedded Linux devices.
- 2 years developing user interfaces using Qt/QML.
- Participation in team-based software development from design to delivery of at least one successful commercial product.
- Experience with C++11 or newer.
- Experience with Agile software development process and methodology.
- Experience with source control (Git, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Knowledge of debugging, profiling, and code refactoring principles.
- Ability to quickly adapt to evolving requirements and system changes.
- Strong interpersonal and documentation skills.
- Experience with ARM and/or MSP microprocessors.
- Experience with secure product development practices.