Sr. Software Engineer (Java, Scala)
Founded in 1996, FlexTrade Systems is the global leader in high performance, multi asset order and execution management solutions.
FlexTrade introduced the first trading system that enabled clients to control and customize their proprietary algorithms while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies via a vendor-provided, broker-neutral platform.
Our worldwide client base spans more than 175 buy-side and sell-side institutions, including investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers, commodity trading advisors and institutional brokers. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, FlexTrade maintains an experienced staff of developers, programmers, strategists and product specialists, who work hand-in-hand with our clients’ technologists and traders to break new ground in the field of electronic trading.
We are looking for capable and talented developers who are passionate about technology to work on FlexTrade’s OEMS platform, FlexONE, which is our state-of-the-art, fully integrated Order Management System and Execution Management System. This system was built from the ground up starting in 2013 and is written entirely in the language Scala.
You will work in a fast-paced financial software development environment on a full development life cycle.
You will be expected to:
- Be proactive and gather requirements from Account Managers.
- Implement new features on the product roadmap.
- Implement performance enhancements in the core product.
- Offer production support as needed and implement bug fixes.
We believe a great developer will pick up skills as needed. We use the following technologies for this platform:
- Java Swing
- Akka framework
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in CS or related fields.
- Proficient in Java and other programming languages.
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented design and development.
- Excellent communication skills to articulate ideas, problems and solutions.
- Motivation and determination to learn and grow.
- Experience with functional programming concepts (Scala is a plus)
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Experience in Financial Services, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields.
**FlexTrade Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.**