Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has Engineering Technician (Civil) Construction positions available in the Western Federal Lands Highway Division (WFLHD). Projects occur primarily on Federal Lands managed by other Federal agencies (e.g., National Park Service & U.S. Forest Service) & include multi-state areas.
This establishes an open continuous not to exceed (NTE) 5 months vacancy announcement for Engineering Technician (Civil) Construction. We will review applications as needed.
As a Engineering Technician (Civil) Construction at the mid-level, you will:
- Assist construction inspector in charge of paving with responsibility for quality assurance of paving operations.
- Assist bridge inspector with checking line and grade, checking forms, placement of reinforced or structural steel or other similar work connected with bridges, large box culverts, or retaining walls.
- Serve as inspector of contractor’s surveying operations, responsible for monitoring and evaluating contractor staking.
- Monitor contractor sampling and testing procedures for accuracy and conducts independent assurance sampling.
- Monitor and enforce contractor for compliance with all required quality control responsibilities.
- Observe and evaluate safety precautions of contractor and calls attention to infractions of safety regulations.
Please see the announcement for more information.