Job Title: Print Finishing Technician I / II (7:00 AM to 3:30 PM)
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Setup and operate bindery/finishing equipment. Coordinates assigned work involving the finishing of forms, publications and other printed materials in accordance with In-Plant Printing department quality standards and procedures. Visually inspects work to confirm it meets job specifications. Performs basic troubleshooting and equipment maintenance tasks.
Essential Job Functions
- Sets up and operates multiple types of bindery/finishing equipment.
- Coordinates workload schedule with production team to meet customer quality and timeframe requirements.
- Visually inspects all work.
- Stages materials for efficient and orderly processing.
- Performs daily/weekly/monthly maintenance on equipment as expected.
- Conducts basic troubleshooting of issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience Requirements
- 1 year experience as a print finishing/bindery operator or equivalent. Experience working in a fast-paced, high pressure production environment (preferred)
Special Skill Requirement
- Good working knowledge of printing papers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office or equivalent (preferred).
- This is an essential onsite role, in our Caledonia, MI location.
- Shift Hours: Monday – Friday from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
- A strong attn. to detail, a production background and mechanically inclined required.
Job Location(s): US – MI – Caledonia
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!