Pappas Rehabilitation Hospital (PRHC) is a Joint Commission accredited pediatric hospital operated under the direction of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH). The mission of PRHC is to provide medical, rehabilitative, educational, recreational, habilitating and interdisciplinary transitional services to children and young adults with multiple disabilities, assisting them to achieve an optimal life of independence in all aspects of life.
Pappas is seeking qualified applicants for a Nursing Assistant position, which provides information to other staff members relative to patient/student progress and behavior; teaches patients/students self-help skills and personal hygiene; and inspects patient/student living areas.
Please Note: This position is 40 hours per week, 11:15pm – 7:15am shift with Sunday and Saturday off with alternating weekends. Selected Candidate must be able to work 40 hours per week for the first week of Orientation, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Communicates information to interdisciplinary team and supervisor regarding any patients’ physical, psychological and social state that has been observed which may include ADL’s (activities of daily living), ILS’s (independent living skills), recreation abilities, peer interacting, interests, cultural background and needs, issues and concerns regarding abuse, mistreatment or neglect.
- Provides care to patients as designated by supervisor, including unskilled rehabilitative services, nutritional care including feeding patients, providing snacks, supplements and assisting as needed, trained and competent in feeding patients with dysphasia, recreation therapy, and activities of daily living (personal care).
- Participates in the development and implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of care, assists patients in direction care in the independent practice of activities of daily living.
- Performs/assists with application of patient equipment.
- Promotes a positive impact on service delivery and demonstrates flexibility to meet patient needs.
- Identifies opportunities to improve service delivery and participates in developing new processes/solutions.
- Coordinates transportation needs between nursing and social services.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to gather information through observing and questioning individuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral expression.
- Current and valid CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) certificate from the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- Ability to establish relationships with individuals, families, providers, physicians and staff members.
- Talent for providing written and oral instructions in a precise, understandable manner.
- Capacity to participate in inter-disciplinary health care teams.
- Skilled in establishing rapport and deal tactfully with persons from varied cultural, economic backgrounds, and/or under physical, emotional stress, or in stressful settings.
- Willingness to work varied shifts and/or irregular hours/weekends, holidays, nights.
About Pappas Rehabilitation Hospital for Children (PRHC):
Pappas Rehabilitation Hospital for Children (PRHC) located in Canton, MA is a Joint Commission Accredited, 90+ bed pediatric hospital predominately serving children and young adults (ages 8–22) operated by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. The mission of PRHC is to provide medical, rehabilitative, educational, recreational, habilitative, transitional, and complementary alternative medical services to children and young adults with multiple disabilities, assisting them to achieve their optimal level of independence in all aspects of life. PRHC offers coordinated medical care and therapies in a hospital-based environment, as well as, K-12 schooling, located on the grounds. Educational Services are provided by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. In addition, PRHC offers a wide variety of recreational opportunities such as swimming, horseback riding, adaptive sports and many opportunities for socialization for disabled children and young adults.
Learn more about our important work: https://www.mass.gov/locations/pappas-rehabilitation-hospital-for-children
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve – but it’s more than a paycheck. The State’s total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including:
- 75% state paid medical insurance premium
- Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees’ Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 12 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
- Tuition Benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
- Short-Term Disability and Extended Illness program participation options
- Incentive-based Wellness Programs
- Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori.
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines.
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
For questions regarding this requisition, please contact Executive Office of Health and Human Services Human Resources at 1-800- 510-4122 Ext. #2.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Minimum Entrance Requirements: None Special Requirements: None
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Official Title: Nursing Assistant I
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton-3 Randolph Street
Job: Direct Care
Agency: Department of Public Health
Job Posting: May 27, 2021, 5:01:43 PM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: 33,963.54 – 42,949.40 Yearly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Kevin Loviancy – 6179095085
Bargaining Unit: 02-AFSCME – Service/Institutional