As the first and often the most frequent point of contact for our clients, you will have the greatest opportunity to influence the client’s perception of Evertz. This position is a challenging mix that combines technical know-how and customer service skills both in-house and when traveling to our customer’s production studios and distribution facilities.
You will be challenged with configuring, commissioning, and systematically trouble shooting Ethernet/IP networks for the latest advancements in broadcast networks and video processing equipment.
- Engage in documentation, deployment and technical support of small and large scale enterprise IP Networks
- Respond and provide technical direction to customers regarding operational issues, configuration changes, firmware upgrades and general maintenance
- Assess the customer’s application, troubleshoot and diagnose issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause and corrective action
- Recommend solutions utilizing various levels of technical language appropriate to the customer in a timely, clear and professional manner
- Maintain a communication link between customer service and other departments by partnering to resolve customer issues and communicating customer feedback to aid in design changes including customer “feature requests” to product managers
- Support the development of product communications by generating or authoring customer guides and provide the technical writing group with information including Pinouts, FAQ, Application notes, Best Practices and customer product or system configuration and product integration with other manufacturer’s products
- Commission products and systems at customer sites and provide operation and engineering training
- Unparalleled desire to help the customer and deliver service excellence
- Recent graduate in Computer Sciences and/or Networking
- A working knowledge and strong comfort level with Linux is highly desired
- Network troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of IP Networking Protocols (IGMPv2/v3, RIP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Knowledge of RFC 2328, PIM, QOS, RIP, Sflow, SNMP, STP/RSTP/MST (IEEE 802.1d), VARP/VRRP, VLAN (IEEE 802.1q), VRF
- Knowledge of Internet network technologies (DNS, Firewall, SSH, HTTP) and Virtualization (VMware, KVM, openstack)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery. Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers. With over 1500 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.