Erie Family Health Centers is looking for a responsible and caring individual like you to join our Dental (Oral Health) Team! The Dental Assistant will work under supervision, assists the dentist in the routine handling of patients, instruments, supplies and materials. Individual accountability and work volume will be established in coordination with the Director of Oral Health.
- Prepare patients, set up instrument trays and prepare materials
- Assists with the treatment of patients as required by dentist present
- Maintains clinic instruments, instrument trays, equipment in a clean and orderly manner, including sterilization, equipment maintenance and minor cleaning operations according to established protocols
- Takes develops and inserts x-ray in patients’ file
- Assist and/or communicate with non- English/ Spanish only speaking patients for our clinical staff when necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of experience in a dental setting required
- Knowledge of dental office computer applications is beneficial
- Computer skills to enter data in the Dental Software (Dentrix)
- CPR certification, required
Erie’s Oral Health Department has availability for Full Time- 40 hours/week Dental Assistant! These hours will be worked within Erie Hours of Operations: Monday- Friday 8:00 am – 7:30 pm and rotating Weekend Hours 10:00 am – 2:00pm. This position may be required to travel to other Erie Dental sites.