Junior Underwriting Clerk
Facilitating the flow of materials to and from various departments in an efficient and timely manner. This position is tasked with handling and processing outgoing responses and questions from Underwriters as well updating systems for merchant account approvals and/or declines. This includes administrative / quality assurance duties, and some underwriting duties. A successful candidate must have the ability to work in a fast- paced environment and be able to make real time / accurate decisions.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Updating Merchant accounts appropriately in all systems.
- Communicating Underwriting concerns to Sales Representatives and Agents offices.
- Maintaining the organization of pending Merchant files.
- Other duties as required or directed.
- Conduct commercial credit applicant reviews;
- Monitor and track merchant application process.
- Ensure the appropriate information is documented and communicated to the underwriting department.
- Work with the internal and external customers
- Review and analyze individual and company credit reports including Equifax, Experian and Dunn and Bradstreet;
- Communicate effectively with internal company departments, as well as management, as necessary.
- Underwriting merchant accounts as needed to assist the department in peak times
- Can be trusted to keep sensitive information secure.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and ensure accuracy.
- Computer literate with excellent skills in MS Windows and Office.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a commercial underwriting environment preferred.
- Typing 50+ WPM or equivalent keystrokes
- Ability to interpret data based on established criteria in fast paced environment
- Must be a team-oriented individual with willingness to work all levels of applicants (not exclusively high-level applicants) with a positive attitude
- Flexibility required to work extended shifts as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred (or equivalent work experience)
Many outstanding benefits including: competitive salary, PTO, 401K plan with company match, paid holidays, company contribution toward health/dental insurance, employee discounts, On-site fitness center, career growth opportunities, and recognition and rewards for excellence.