A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Who We Are:
We are the Group Procurement, which is a Group function supporting all business Sectors including Electronics, Life Science and Healthcare. You will join an extremely talented and thought leading group of Procurement Professional on a journey to continuously improve our strategies and enhance the value for all our businesses.
You will manage the Tier 1 Americas region spend for HR Professional Services. As the Americas leader of this category you will have a heavy focus on business partnering at Sr. Management levels and driving the global and regional strategies within the category to achieve financial, risk, service, and innovation targets. You will actively contribute to international projects beyond HR Professional Services – e.g. by taking over parts of projects with a global scope and manage cross-functional and international project teams. You will act as the main contact person for all HR Professional Services related sourcing activities in Tier 1 Americas countries (US, Canada, Brazil and Mexico).
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Procurement-, HR-, Supply Chain Professional, or former Consultant
- Ability to develop collaborative partnerships both with internal stakeholders and strategic suppliers, develop regional strategies supporting our global vision, and able to drive Procurement initiatives through complex landscapes
- Fluent in English and Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Very strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Leading workstreams/packages of globally relevant projects incl. project planning, communication etc.
- Talent to efficiently corporate with – and convince key stakeholders (incl. Senior Management) colleagues and suppliers
- Ability to work strategically with strong analytical-, conceptual-, and digital skills
- Highly engaged and motivated person – experienced in working independently
- Legal acumen – understands and knows how to best use region specific contract laws
- Experience in the usage of global ERP systems and spend reporting tools
- Ideally experience in leading sourcing initiatives with regional or global scope
- Demonstrated ability to keep big picture strategy in mind while executing on daily execution and task management
- Have the ability and desire to collaborate with global teams
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time (can include both domestic and international)
- Advanced degree
- Experience in the field of sourcing for HR Professional Services or any other related services category
- Experience in dealing with Latin American marketplace
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.