8th GRADE LANGUAGE ARTS TEACHER
EATON MIDDLE SCHOOL
2021-2022 School Year
Eaton Middle School is hiring a full-time Language Arts Teacher to work with students in 8th grade. Certified positions must hold or be in process of obtaining a Colorado teaching license with appropriate endorsement. Information on transferring out-of-state credentials to CO can be found at https://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof. Experienced teachers must upload a copy of their last evaluation.
Start date: 08/26/2021
Starting Salary Range: $38,075 – $51,608 depending on experience and education (based on ’20-21 salary schedule)
Employee Benefits: health, dental, life, vision (optional), Colorado Public Employee Retirement Account (PERA), sick leave, discretionary leave (http://www.eaton.k12.co.us/careers/salary-benefits)
Position open until filled
Eaton Middle School serves 475 students and supports a middle-school philosophy where staff members provide a broad base of experiences that nurture adolescents as they transition to the teen years in grades 6th through 8th. Students experience two electives per day from our unified arts program that includes industrial technology, family and consumer science, physical education, art, technology, affective education, band, and choir. EMS recently added a Maker Space so that students have access to technology and manufacturing tools that enhance the unified arts experience with 3D printing, laser engraving, CNC routing, e-paper cutting, and e-textiles. Students learn how to program games using Scalable Game Design in a partnership with the University of Colorado. After school, EMS offers extra-curricular clubs and competitive athletics. Students excel at EMS in all areas. A strong core-academic program prepares students in math, science, social studies, reading and writing for high school. Whether it is a spelling/geography contest, a sporting event, the science fair, an essay contest, or the annual state exam, EMS students show their Red Pride.
WELD COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT RE-2
POSITION TITLE: Teacher
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
-Bachelor’s degree required.
-Current Colorado Teaching license with appropriate endorsement for this position.
-Working knowledge of the subject matter assigned, classroom management, best practices and strategies, students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
-Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, and staff in a small rural school environment.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Annually as approved by the Board of Education
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shall be knowledgeable about strategies, planning practices, assessment techniques and appropriate accommodations to ensure student learning in a standards-based classroom.
- Elementary teacher is knowledgeable in literacy and mathematics and other core content areas.
- Secondary school teacher is knowledgeable in literacy and mathematics and an expert in their content endorsement area.
- Shall enhance content instruction with a thorough understanding of District and State content standards.
- Integrate literacy into content area instruction
- Knowledgeable about classroom practice in order to successfully facilitate the learning environment, manage time, communications, and record keeping procedures that will support and enhance student learning.
- Communicates with students, families, and colleagues concerning student academic and behavioral progress.
- Employs a wide range of teaching techniques to match the intellectual, emotional, and social level of each student, and chooses alternative teaching strategies and materials to achieve different curricular purposes.
- Collects data on individual student achievement and is accountable for each child’s learning.
- Shall be knowledgeable about student electronic database and grading software.
- Review and apply individualized education programs, personal learning plans, or advanced learning plans.
- Shall be skilled in technology and is knowledgeable about using technology to support instruction and enhance student learning in a standards-based classroom.
- Upholds all policies, rules and regulations, standards, and expectations that may be established by the Board of Education, state and federal authorities, and immediate supervisor.
- Maintains records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations in a timely and confidential manner.
- Demonstrates professional cooperative relationship with others.
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attends staff meetings, serves on committees, and attends workshops or in-service training activities.
- Weld RE-2 employees shall comply with standard practices and ethical conduct toward information and information technology, students, professional colleagues, school officials, parents, and members of the community. In conscientiously conducting his or her affairs, the employee shall exemplify the highest standards of professional commitment.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by the immediate Supervisor, Superintendent, or Board of Education.
SALARY: Determined by placement on salary schedule as approved by the Board (see GCBA-R)
Note – these statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by teachers. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, and duties required of teachers.
Eaton School District RE-2 is an equal opportunity educational institution and will not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, ancestry, or need for special education services in its activities, programs or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.