The Residence Director is a 12 month, live-in position that is responsible for the overall administration and supervision of assigned residence hall area. The Residence Director supervises approximately fifteen Resident Assistants who serve the area. The Residence Director is a member of the senior staff team and reports directly to the Director of Housing and Residence Life.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly supervise and evaluate approximately fifteen Resident Assistants.
- Provide a leadership role with the selection and training of all Housing and Residence Life Resident Assistants.
- Serve as a liaison with maintenance, housekeeping, food service staff, and the University Police Department on an on-going basis.
- Implement the conduct process with students, as directed.
- Oversee expenditures and manage administrative procedures for student programming funds.
- Facilitate area staff meetings, and individual one-on-ones with staff.
- Maintain all administrative records including: rosters, room changes, payroll sheets, incident reports, program reports, equipment inventories, and other administrative documentation.
- Coordinate check-in and checkout operations.
- Assume on-duty responsibilities on a rotating scheduled basis.
- Attend weekly senior staff meetings.
- Establish and maintain office hours.
To be eligible for consideration a candidate must possess all of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2 years of experience in college or university housing and/or residence life.
- Experience with community development.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Demonstrated successful experience with diverse populations.
- Master’s degree in student affairs, higher education, college student personnel, counselor education or related discipline.
- Experience with staff selection.
- Experience with staff training.
- Judicial experience.
- Emergency response/crisis management experience.
- Experience advising student organizations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk up and down multiple flights of stairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in multiple types of environments, inside, outside, quiet, loud, etc.
Furnished apartment on campus, meal plan and salary of $22,000 – $24,000.
TO APPLY: Applications should consist of (1) a letter of interest; (2) a current resume; (3) a list of three professional references with complete contact information and a notation describing the work relationship with each; (4) unofficial transcripts from all degrees; and, (5) a completed *Disclosure Statement.
Applications should be sent electronically to Employment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information about ECU, visit our web site at http://www.ecok.edu.
East Central University, in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admission, employment, financial aid, and educational services. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Employment Services Director, 1100 E. 14th St., Admin. 160, Ada, OK 74820, (580) 559-5260.