This position is responsible to generate sales through new and existing customers. The Sales Professional role will be to increase market share while promoting and marketing all products distributed by the company through targeted markets in a manner to understand and meet customer’s expectations. The Sales Professional is a polished professional who promotes and contributes to the overall profitability of the company.
- Responsible to continually increase sales and market share while contributing to the overall profitability of the company. Tools to expand client base should include but are not limited to relevant “near me” technology applications, industry/trade publications, trade shows, customer referrals and overall awareness of changes in the designated territory.
- Responsible to build and promote a positive rapport with all the customers in all capacities; opportunities, customer issues, challenges and questions and responses required in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible to be prepared in all sales/business meetings and presentations as per the company Sales process.
- Responsible for learning and becoming familiar with all company policies, procedures and processes.
- Aid the company’s targeted inventory metrics by promoting clear outs and slow moving items, on a regular basis.
- Ability to manage selling opportunities and follow through on them while applying up-selling and cross selling techniques as well as SPIN selling methods and skills.
- Provide customers with product knowledge throughout the sale, which should include but are not limited to new and discontinued items, specifications, cleaning & FR codes, trends, price, durability and suitability for all applicable applications.
- Responsible to learn and share product knowledge on all new & existing product lines while understanding competitive products offered by competitors in the marketplace.
- Negotiate Pricing: Standard pricing, price levels and contract pricing to promote sales and profitability.
- Maximize sales while keeping expenses to a minimum (within budget guidelines).
- Ability to manage and maintain proper planning procedures and execute all in-call objectives and priorities.
- Participate in required trade shows to promote product lines and the company in a professional and polished manner.
- Responsible to maintain customer sample books which would include introducing and presenting new patterns, removal of cancelled patterns, keeping up to date pricing and overall sample presentation in an appealing manner.
- Responsible to provide training for customer’s sales staff in order to improve confidence in promoting and selling the company product line.
- Responsible to plan and execute a well-balanced call cycle to ensure full territory management. Successful coverage should consider size of account (Classification A,B,C) buying habits and competition. Must maintain a minimum of 6 to 8 week call rotations and a daily average of 6 to 10 calls per day.
- Ability to manage and allot time appropriately and accordingly to the Sales Professionals assigned territory and key accounts.
- Responsible to pursue and maintain on-going training opportunities that will enhance the sales reps ability to sell and remain competitive in the marketplace.